1989/90 Yeti C-26 - 20th Anniversary Special

Cool project, thanks for using one of my pictures on your erb page http://www.yeti-c26.net/gallery.html. But hey throw in a credit line "Photo: Tor-Ståle Hansen. Atlanta, May 1990"

Thanks again!

YETI_Atlanta1990_1ws.jpg

Was going to post up regarding dredging this thread from the depths. But won't.

Interesting picture, what's the story behind it?

Hi, the story reg. this picture. I went to Atlanta with two friends, David Cash to day Merlin Titanium Brand Manager and Kent Cramford today owner of Motion Maker Bicycles, i may 1990 to watch the Atlanta 1990 NORBA race. All the top names and teams was there inkluding Yeti. David Cash was going to ride the sport clas, but he turned sick 1/2 hour befor start. He then gave me his number plate and off I went. Probably I am the first (and only) Norwegian to participate in a NORBA race - huh?

:)

I have loads of pictures from that weekend. I wil start up my scanner an make a post here about the trip...

ameybrook; sorry for hijacking you C-26 thread...

yeti-man":1sy6uv8n said:
ameybrook; sorry for hijacking you C-26 thread...

Hijack away. I always wondered about that photo. That's you in the Ritchey shirt right?

That kind of number plate swapping would get you fired and charged with a crime these days. Happened at Leadville last year.

Nop thats not me, I am (was) a skinny, but still, blond and blue eyed scandinavian bloke. I'll fire up my scanner and start posting the rest of my NORBA story.

yeti-man":12xuehip said:
Probably I am the first (and only) Norwegian to participate in a NORBA race - huh?

Not likely...my last name is Sande and while born in the US am fully Norwegian. Maybe the first Norwegian resident to compete in a NORBA race :D

gm1230126":1b2a6paw said:
yeti-man":1b2a6paw said:
Probably I am the first (and only) Norwegian to participate in a NORBA race - huh?

Not likely...my last name is Sande and while born in the US am fully Norwegian. Maybe the first Norwegian resident to compete in a NORBA race :D

Kult - da er vi i hvertfall to. Vi er en liten rase! :cool:

Back