1993 E-stay Saracen Race-Elite

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I've not even got to ride this in anger and I need to sell up.
My new modern bike has arrived early and messed up my financials, so something has to be sold.
Last in, first out so the newly built Saracen has to go.
I bought this as frame and forks and then purchased a donor bike for the minty M560 LX kit.
The frame is in fantastic condition, with only very minimal wear and tear to the lovely red paintwork. The size is 17.5". I'm 5'10" and it fits me fine as it's built up.
I have a soft-spot for X-Lite (they were very local to me!) so went for a the mint clik-on seat post, X-pert bars and stubbie bar-ends.
The saddle was NOS, as are the matching Ritchey grips.
The stem was a NOS Tioga T-bone
I also purchased some NOS black ano Alesa rims that I'd planned to replace the silver ones with. These will be included in the sale.

CIMG1957.jpg

CIMG1949.jpg

CIMG1950.jpg

CIMG1951.jpg

CIMG1952.jpg

CIMG1953.jpg

CIMG1954.jpg

CIMG1955.jpg

CIMG1956.jpg

This really is a very tidy example that's ready to go.
I'd like £250 for this and would prefer cash on collection, but will also post

makster,

It's in good hands now. Thanks very much.

The clear spokes look cool :LOL: , but I think I'll eventually go with either regular silver-colored spokes or maybe even black (any suggestions?).

Of course, the Panaracer Fire XC Pro with Kevlar bead look to be the perfect tires for this beast, although not necessarily period correct.

Most of the bikes I am lucky enough to get ahold of are either beaters that require a complete rebuild, or pristine (or even NOS) trailer queens that I don't dare even take out into the sunlight for fear that I'll devalue them. In this case, this looks to be a really sweet ride that's almost ready to go. In fact, as soon as I get some wheels and tires on it, I'm going to start putting some miles on it.

Thanks once again.

Attachments

• Saracen.JPG
    Saracen.JPG
    332.5 KB · Views: 762
A fine end to the story i think,

now the americans can see what british mountain bike engineering is all about , should be quite a unusual bike over there too :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back