Windproof/waterproof riding coats (I now have a coat)update2

Jay

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Right peopel what you got/use???

Ive been doing quite a lot of riding over the past couple of weeks, ive got all the gear when it comes to the bike but when it comes to clothes i really have no idea!

So what im after is a waterproof/windproof shell as i really hate being hot!!!

in short i would rahter layer up than have something stupidly big n bulky

I was in Go outdoor today in my lunch breakn came acroos this

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/cycling/men ... AMVDTJ#top

what do you think?

cheers jay

Sidster":3gxn6dc5 said:
Looks a good colour for trying to entice a car to ran over you.

good job i only ride during the day off road then, :cry: and its avalible in blue and yellow

buy i will keep your opinion in mind thanks

If you're riding hard, you need something that's not quite waterproof and doesn't let you get sweaty. If you're out longer, you need something more waterproof but less breathable.

For years I had a "waterproof" made by the North Face that was perfect, but eventually it became useless. Altura makes one that is OK.

Now, I have one of these:

http://www.froggtoggs.com/

You can't buy them in this country, but Ebay is your friend.

They weigh almost nothing and keep you dry, but you will get sweaty if you ride hard. I would have mine over my Goretex coat for riding.

That looks awright..........cut is important, longer back and sleeves for cycling, and a close fitting neck- hoods are a bit extraneous on a bike.
As to colour, go for black if ye want to..........if a car driver only notices bright colours, yer pretty much dead anyway- be a Cool Corpse. :p

As you say wearing layers is best. I wear a thin layer to absorb the sweat. Then a long sleave cycling top, then either my Karrimor cycling coat that has lasted me 10yrs+ if its really cold or a lighter Pearl Izumi one for spring time. I'd go for bib tights or bib shorts with an over tight for the legs.

looks a good one to me!

I picked up a polaris waterproof from halfords just before xmas, paid £35 for it, I forget the model of it but its windproof waterproof and breathable, comes in a very bright orange colour with reflective seams so is good for night time as well, I wore it in the snow a few weeks ago with a short sleeved dri-fit football shirt and a very thin wooly jumper. I was toasty warm but didn't overheat either.

EDIT to Add

Polaris Orbiter was the name :)

i mad to bite the bullet and got the altura attack extreme 2 jacket and can safely say its the best investment iv'e ever made merlin had them at 99.95 with an extra 10% off when i got mine i got the orange coloured one :D :D

FSR-Si":3o59hlfn said:
looks a good one to me!

I picked up a polaris waterproof from halfords just before xmas, paid £35 for it, I forget the model of it but its windproof waterproof and breathable, comes in a very bright orange colour with reflective seams so is good for night time as well, I wore it in the snow a few weeks ago with a short sleeved dri-fit football shirt and a very thin wooly jumper. I was toasty warm but didn't overheat either.

EDIT to Add

Polaris Orbiter was the name :)
#

I saw 1 of them today, was really tempetd to buy 1 but the halfords by me r rubbish they only had small or extra large, n the muppet in the cycling department coulnt tell me when he was going to get any mre

Back