Can I urgently borrow a vernier tool from anyone please?

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
As it says on the tin. My other half lost a ring this evening that held on another (far more important) ring and I want to get a replacement ring for said other half for Christmas (on top of everything else, erk!).....

Can anyone help me urgently please?

Cheers,

Lee.

I can borrow one from the office for you, where abouts in London are you?

Would rather hand it over in person than post it, our verniers are calibrated and cost a fair bit, so dont want to have to explain how it got lost in the christmas post.

PM on way

Rob

The cheap digital ones on ebay aren't as bad as you would think , certainly not good enough for a professional engineer but accurate enough for the things we need ( seatposts , bearings etc ) . Worth the tenner posted .

perry":1lap0j94 said:
The cheap digital ones on ebay aren't as bad as you would think , certainly not good enough for a professional engineer but accurate enough for the things we need ( seatposts , bearings etc ) . Worth the tenner posted .

Yeah, I'd second that.

:? You've lost me
As in a ring like a wedding ring :?

If so ,Go to the jewellers,they have gauges for measuring fingers.Im not sure they would accept millimetres as size rating :LOL:

Good points here. Yup the ebay specials are plenty accurate enough for workshop tinkering and indeed likely to be far more accurate than that( although not calibrated). Infact the set I am going to lend only cost ~ £25, to purchase however we do have them calibrated every 6 months and that costs £100 or so for a certificate stating they are within tolerance.

And yes, a finger guage may be a better option for a ring.

Thank you Jerky for the loan of your vernier it is much appreciated.

I can't use a ring guage I'm afraid lads as I want to get this done on the quiet. So when taking a shower I'll grab the other ring and measure it, the new one needs to be just a smidgen smaller. Should work, I hope!

Now just to get my hands on the main ring......

Back