Contentment

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Returning from a great days mtb'ing the conversation turned to what would be our ultimate goal and contentment came top.

For me at least I did not know what would ultimately count as contentment.

However a great day at Glentress, chicken & chips and the Towering Inferno on TV, thats got to be a good start :D

Nope, I'm a disaster movie junkie, always have been, always will be :roll:

Top of my list is The Towering Inferno closely followed by The Posiedon Adventure :D

The Posiedon Adventure is one hell of a film me i,m just waiting for the 1st of december as i like the christmas carol films esep the 1951 alistair simms one ( im a sad-o)

A lay in bed with the wife and the bikes at the end of the bed :cool:

45 million quid off the lottery would do.........

They say money cannot buy happiness, but with that much, you could pay to make everyone more miserable than you........ :p

But yes, contentment- ye don't need a lot of money if ye can take the time to do stuff ye enjoy.

Bog off spelling bee :evil:

Now I'm no longer aproaching content :roll:

i before e except after c except, just my luck it was an except :roll:

I need photographs for this......... :oops:

Contentment is seeing this little sign on the tree by the roadside, just before we turn off into "our" village, and knowing that we have arrived safely after our long journey.

Contentment is being able to sit on our terrace watching the light from the setting sun fall on the mountains, listening to the sound of distant goat bells and hardly daring to believe that we're lucky enough to own our little house in such a wonderful place, and that it has safely survived another winter.

And finally, contentment is just sitting with a jug of wine (after enjoying a bowl of home-made briam) - just Karen and me, with the sounds of little owls, a distant dog, (and always, goat bells..) being amused by a pair of "kounavia" (pine martens) running along our roof.

True contentment.....

Attachments

• Platsa-evening.jpg
    Platsa-evening.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,109
  • Platsa-2.jpg
    Platsa-2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,109
  • Platsa--1.jpg
    Platsa--1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,109
Back