Anyone dealt with USPS and bike boxes before?

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I'm growing a tad impatient now, two bike boxes were sent on the 28th July with USPS to my place in London. A week down the line and nothing has arrived yet. Has anyone dealt with USPS and bike boxes before, if so how long did the delivery take please?

Cheers,

Lee.

usually about 10 days from start to finish.can u not track the item online via their website.

gibbleking":1l68xrjt said:
usually about 10 days from start to finish.can u not track the item online via their website.

I've been trying it just says..... "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on July 29, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later." .....

I have sent a number of bikes and bike related packages to Mr. K. in Manchester via USPS, and it usually takes 10-20 days to get there from California. Pat

theres a belief that the more you want something...the longer it takes for that thing to arrive...s newton innit...taps nose knowingly

LeeDevelopment":2qly77pm said:
*grabs knife and looks at wrist*

:LOL:

No, the fun bit is where the USPS website says it has been delivered but clearly hasn't, as you don't have anything.

You'll love it when you realise the USPS tracking number works on the Parcel Farce website and it says your package hasn't been delivered at all but is, in fact, with customs. You can ring them and talk to them about it - but you'll have to listen to seven minutes of recorded messages on their telephone line first, persuading you to hang up!

The best bit is finding that customs have slapped VAT on the value of your stuff + the cost of postage, plus some unexplained/inexplicable danger money on top of it, which you have no choice in paying!

Seriously - its great.

Back