Anyone dealt with USPS and bike boxes before?

neilll":3ls72ran said:
LeeDevelopment":3ls72ran said:
Meh!

FedEx Air freight next time ;)

This is a good point but FedEx, DHL, UPS etc are all fully tracked and timed courier services and cost significantly more as a result. Yes you will get your bike in three to four days but will pay a much higher price for shipping.
Yeah, Neils right.
I've had UPS from teh US before, but it was $300, and the dude waits while you write the check. Else, its off to teh UPS depot, which is inconveniently, SOuthampton.

USPS, year might be 3 weeks, maybe 4, likey $60, and if you're lucky it'll skip the customs net. Picup at your leisure, likely local.

BUT, as with all these, it can stick in customs, and HM governments discretion, nothing to do with shipping. Some of you were waiting for gear from em a year or so ago that was in customs for 3 months.. .
c'est la vie.
If its really critical, pay the $300 ups.
If its really, really critical, pay $550 and go and get it yourself, and have a holiday whilst you're at it ;) :cool:

i-am-iron-man":37ddjlcb said:
LeeDevelopment":37ddjlcb said:
*grabs knife and looks at wrist*

:LOL:

No, the fun bit is where the USPS website says it has been delivered but clearly hasn't, as you don't have anything.

What this means is that USPS has handed it over to the final deliver in the UK....but they haven't contacted you or it hasn't cleared customs yet. Usually the delivery will happen one day after seeing this.

Also USPS will not take a "bike" box (unless a BMX bike box) to anywhere in Europe.....Only a frame sized box up to 108" combined length and girth.
Most sellers from the US use Priority Mail which is stated as a 6-10 day delivery but I have had it take up to 14 days mostly because the buyer in Europe has been contacted by customs that it has arrived but have not phoned back or gone to collect the frame. Another problem with shipping from the US to Europe is that many Euro buyers haven't updated their addresses on their PayPal accounts and the auction closing address on eBay and the ship to address on the payment received through PayPal don't match. I had a guy contact me and bash me a month after sending a frame begging to know where I sent it....I said to the address you provided and upon checking his address on his PayPal account he had not lived there for over a year.

Found out that although I received the USPS email, and yes it's priority mail, the company have not actually sent the boxes due to getting a mix up with their move to bigger premises. So I am waiting for them to tell me they have shipped them out.

Back