Anyone dealt with USPS and bike boxes before?

havent they just gone on a 2 month strike...heheh...just kidding ....no stop....put the track pump down ...i diddnt mean it ......pfft....aaaarrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

LeeDevelopment":20zn3fpx said:
Don't pay VAT on prototype frames though ;)

I had it in my head that I wouldn't have to pay VAT on my stuff as it was second-hand. On the other hand, Customs and Excise wanted me to pay VAT on whatever the declared value was on the box... I think you'd have trouble explaining to the nice lady on the phone that you're exempt because you've bought a one-off bike frame!

Whenever I ship a package to the UK, there is a customs form with a value box to be filled out. Also, the separate post office form wants a valuation in case they lose your package and they have to pay you whatever you have valued it at for losing it.

LeeDevelopment":2ih1v62t said:
Has anyone dealt with USPS and bike boxes before, if so how long did the delivery take please?

Cheers,

Lee.

Allow at least two weeks, don't panic. The bummer is that when it gets here Parcel Farce will handle the consignment and if the customs value shows up on their radar it will cost you for handling, import duty and VAT (I recently paid £35 ish to get a 5lb steel frame through (in a full size bike box) from Pennsylvania.

(The shipping can take two weeks, then Parcel Farce receive it, then a few days later they write you a letter explaining they have something at the depot and detail the costs involved on releasing it. All in this process can easily take three weeks.)

LeeDevelopment":2oxmrpia said:
Meh!

FedEx Air freight next time ;)

This is a good point but FedEx, DHL, UPS etc are all fully tracked and timed courier services and cost significantly more as a result. Yes you will get your bike in three to four days but will pay a much higher price for shipping.

Sadly I wasn't given an option for shipping and if it was there would have chosen, and paid for, FedEx.

So, just need to be patient...dum di dum di dum!!

Latest posts

Back