Just been to The Bike Station

Enid_Puceflange

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Just been up to The Bike Station.........

How good is that place??!!!!!!

The lads i was chatting to took a geniune interest in the Balance im building up :cool:
Took my details if anything retro and exotic came in! :cool:

And while I was digging around I saw :

Scott e-stay mtb frame
pro-flex frame in white (complete with forks)
Kona Project II forks in grey with Joe Murray headset attatched

Was like a bairn in a sweetie shop!!

Gary C

Bicycle re-cycling place.
Great idea, folk donate what parts of bikes they have sitting around to stop landfill getting worse. the bolt them together and flog them off at like £30.00 a pop for students and the likes.
Whats left over goes into massive boxes and you dig around!
a bit tike TK-Max for bikes LOL
everything is used but I can see some good jems turning up in here now & again
http://www.thebikestation.org.uk/

Gary C

Hmmm interesting. Can you mind size of the Proflex?

Must pop in there and have a rake around. Sounds as close as I'm likely to get to a scrap yard for bikes, and I do like a trawl around the scrappies :)

enid_puceflange":1ecks88o said:
Bicycle re-cycling place.
Great idea, folk donate what parts of bikes they have sitting around to stop landfill getting worse. the bolt them together and flog them off at like £30.00 a pop for students and the likes.
Whats left over goes into massive boxes and you dig around!
a bit tike TK-Max for bikes LOL
everything is used but I can see some good jems turning up in here now & again
http://www.thebikestation.org.uk/

Gary C

Sounds like my garage

Shame the shop is so far away for me. Looks really good web site too.

AWWW ENID !!!!!!!!

You've just blown the cover on my secret source of cheap spares. Been going there for years, now I've got more competition :roll:

Doesn't really matter, i'm never after the high end stuff anyway and unless you camp out there you often miss choice items. Which in the past have included Ringle stems, early Spesh full sussers, highend mtb's of yesteryear etc. Not as fantastic as LeGrandeFromages magic skip though as you still have to pay.

Word to the wise and slightly lacking in moral fibre, try and buy bits off the non mechanic volunteers at the till. Most of them think all stems for example are of the same value ie peanuts. Where as a mechanic does know what they are and will charge accordingly. I'm an honest punter and try not to fleece them as it is a charity but it could easily be done :LOL:

velomaniac":900f6pz6 said:
AWWW ENID !!!!!!!!

You've just blown the cover on my secret source of cheap spares. Been going there for years, now I've got more competition :roll:

Sorry bud, :oops:

I just was so excited I had to post it up & share it :cool:

You can give me a chinese burn to my arm on sunday if it takes your anguish away :LOL:

Gary C

Run by Steve and John, ex colleagues of mine from the Biketrax days......

The old place under Waverly Station was far more atmospheric :)

Andy

Back