Ebay does it again

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Email them about something on your page and theyll tell you you can set it up exactly how you want it
Next day you log in to find the stuff your selling has had the page views removed so you dont know how many have looked and been able to from that judge how much coverage you have.
Removed by ebay despite them telling you you can have it as you want. sure only be aware theyll fanny about with it as well.
Log in a day later and its back but the order of selling/buying/watching etc has shifted about. :shock:
Sure i understand in their terms they can change things if they really wanted to but they say YOU can change it so theyre not being wholly honest.

Our latest problem with ebay and their forever changing criteria is theyve removed 'completed listings' which makes it harder to gauge pricing etc . Oh its still there and you can click on it but nothing will come up in the results
eg- Search for hope- Result- all the hope stuff
Now click completed listings and the result comes up zero. Now we all know there are hundreds of complete, sold and unsold items so why would the results come up a negative.
I would hazard a guess that their analytic results have discovered that completed listings is costing them money and theyll make a few pennies more if they remove it . Or something akin to this reason, we're not all daft :roll:
Spotted something today finishing in 3 mins. Price cheap and XTR to boot so a buy to sell . Just need a quick look to see if its worth it
ZERO RESULTS
WHAT??!! :shock:
and not being sure i decided to let it go and not bid. I wonder if thats what ebay had in mind :? Prevent people from doing any research.
Now i googled some of this and there might just be a less simple way of viewing completed listings but everything ive tried so far still comes up with a zero result
They used to tell you to specifically check completed listings when gauging pricing. Turds the lot of them

It really puts you off, i mean really annoying crap theyre constantly coming up with.
Always geared towards good for ebay- bad for all ebay users buyers, sellers or just passing trade.

Think i might send them a copy of this :?

Yes, looks like completed listing doesn't work. I'd guess this could be an eBay issue, if they were going to remove it surely the checkbox would be gone also...

I just phoned and spoke to 'julie'
Ebay phone rep has no idea there is any problem with completed listings.
Not that straightforward though in that the rep didnt appear to know or understand any of the ebay standard search procedures and hadnt a clue what 'completed listings' actually is :shock: Eh?
She did a search for Hope-101,000+ results but then she didnt understand what completed listing was and where on the page it is put :? Again im flummoxed by this, id expect an ebay rep to know ebay protocol inside out or at the very least know what a standard ebay page actually looks like.
Bottom line is ive registered a complaint and hopefully if more complain theyll not remove it permanently

NOTE- Ebay according to the rep on the phone on the ebay switchboard have no knowledge of a problem with this feature. I googled it and discover that many forums and answer forums have been talking about this from about the last 3 days. Its also all over Ebays own discussion boards. Maybe that shows the attention theyre paying to their own community
I was fine up until this morning and i wonder if its anything to do with the windows update my system configured this morning. The only system change but i cant see how that would affect a specific web site :?

At a last attempt ill scrub out the caches, old files and hope for the best but i think this is as said something by ebay in the form of a new financial formula

Back