All-City Space Horse

KeepItSteel

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just built up from frame and fork and I'm in love. So much so that I logged in here to post a shoddy picture or two for you all to be underwhelmed by, I'll come back when I've taken some nicer shots.

Such a nicely balanced bike *chefs kiss*

Attachments

• PXL_20240320_105338193.jpg
    PXL_20240320_105338193.jpg
    688 KB · Views: 54
  • PXL_20240320_110123846.jpg
    PXL_20240320_110123846.jpg
    747.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
That's great!
So nice to see a decent modern steel frame and the owner hasn't insisted on bar end shifters or thumbies😉
Or a big rubber band! And a rohloff!!🤣
We sold a few of these new, but as sizing choices became difficult (was AllCity wrapping up?) we switched to Soma

That's great!
So nice to see a decent modern steel frame and the owner hasn't insisted on bar end shifters or thumbies😉
Or a big rubber band! And a rohloff!!🤣
We sold a few of these new, but as sizing choices became difficult (was AllCity wrapping up?) we switched to Soma
Cheers.
Yeah sizing can be confusing on these, this is a 55, fits more like a 57.
I love the old school features combined with modern performance. It has lovely neutral and smooth handling but is really stiff when I crank it, which as a Clydesdale is much appreciated.

They're part of the QBP range and yes they've announced that no new development will take place as off 2024 so they're winding down the brand.
I only really know of them having been obsessed with sourcing a Surly (Midnight Special), and seeing this recommended as a QBP alternative. One came up at a great price and the rest is history

These ACs are quite a lot nicer than surlys. We're sorry to see them go.

You have a surprisingly long stem though given you're using stis - very long arms?
Many of our customers' arms barely reach the bottom of their pockets😉

Yes it's a real shame to see them go, they have lots of nice details that you just don't tend to see on mass produced bikes anymore. I'm already considering grabbing a Nature Cross or possibly Gorilla Monsoon frameset and putting away for a rainy day.

You're probably right about the stem (100mm), all the parts are a direct swap over from another bike I bought that ended up being too large (Jamis Renegade) but it was such a steal that it became a perfect donor bike. This Space Horse is essentially a brand new bike and it owes me less than half RRP - which I also love!
I'll probably install a 90mm stem this weekend and give it a try, otherwise my long torso is pretty happy with the current configuration

1000022196.jpg Slightly nicer images from easter Sunday's ride. I've been going through my saddle collection to try and dial in the comfiest fit, so far the old Supercorsa is the front runner but I'm contemplating buying a shortfit saddle to free up a little more wiggle room when standing/mashing.

I've also got a set of 45mm tyres on their way to me, will be nice have even more kush (currently on 40's)

Attachments

• PXL_20240401_155532872.jpg
    PXL_20240401_155532872.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Back