Been absent for a while

cornholio's RC200

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I thought I'd explain my absence from the forum as you're all my friends.

As some of you know I had a brain tumour which caused me to have seizures now and then. Well, after a number of them in quick succession I had a scan and the result was that they wanted to remove it. I had this done on November 22nd.

Well, the histology of the tumour has turned out to have malignant cells in it. It is treatable so I'm beginning a course of radiotherapy and chemotherapy tomorrow to hit bits from the remains that the surgeon couldn't remove.

Obviously this is going to severely affect my riding (and working...) besides other things so I'll be off the scene for a bit longer. I will return occasionally to have a look.

So the moral of this tale is enjoy your biking, you never know when this can hit you.

Thanks for coming on to tell us all of your surgery.

I wish you all the very best with your treatment and your ongoing recovery. Keep your focus on getting back out on the trails on top of your favourite retro bike.

Respect.

al.

Im sorry to hear hear this news, but it sounds like they've got a good start on this. I'm not sure about the radio, the the chemo can be pretty tiring for some. Fight hard and eat well.

Welcome to the survivors club :D

It appears you are in Manchester... will you be at The Christie?

AuntiGsif (The Wife) is a nurse there, and while your treatment wont require you to be treated by her, I know for a fact that everyone at The Christie is the absolute best of the best, and as such, you will be in the best possible hands

Good luck, and positive vibes!
G

Wishing you all the best for your treatment and recovery, radio and chemo are not very nice, watched my brother go through it from the age of about 4 upwards for treatment of lukeamia!

Keep up updated on how you're getting on, as and when you can/feel able obviously, good luck!

John.

Back