Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:54 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:52 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

ImageLucy advice by rebalrid, on Flickr

The Evans is about a 23 inch frame , I can check when next dare go in the garage.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:48 pm 
BoTM | rBoTM | rider
BoTM | rBoTM | rider

10 gone.... War chest is filling up... :xmas-wink:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:20 pm 
Retro Guru

Peachy! wrote:
legrandefromage wrote:
Pssst! Wanna buy a bicycle?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ten years ago I sat with my brother in our rented compound & asked why we had 52 car in it when only 20 were trade cars?
fast forward to the present day & we've just emptied the last 20 from the compund, on to the lock-ups / workshops next. A sobering & equally very satisfiying feeling, also the cash is kind of handy. Going to try & thin the bike garage next. My only worry is my my car workshop will have a tonne more space, this could however see most of the bikes moving from home & being rotated for use. Yep that'll stop me filling it up with bikes.
In all seriousness Peachy, good on you, Looking at all those cars I really did wonder "whose the slave & whose the master".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:45 pm 
BoTM | rBoTM | rider
BoTM | rBoTM | rider

52 cars????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:38 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

57 is quite a number and on one side I'm glad I'm not in your league Mr P but on the other I'm worryingly close. Oops!!

I've long considered going through the same exercise but thus far I've managed to talk myself out of it, mostly because I know that the restored vintage bike market around me is not particularly good at any price so regardless of what I ask for them they sit around for ages before they sell and the idea of breaking them up and selling them off in parts doesn't appeal either, but I do keep telling myself I've got to have a cull sooner or later.

Well done thus far very impressive I must say.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:39 am 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys

I have a large quantity of Hifi that I need to go through, some of it gets very sort after but as its far easier to store, its not as much as a problem, but my garage has gone from a dumping ground to almost obsessively clean and organised.

Then theres the 200 or so car radios... :facepalm:

Oh, and bicycles, nearly forgot about those.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:52 am 
BoTM | rBoTM | rider
BoTM | rBoTM | rider

legrandefromage wrote:
Then theres the 200 or so car radios... :facepalm: .

Oh now you’re talking.... any pre Kenwood “Trio” ? My first decent car hi-fi... 1985...cost more than the car :facepalm:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:53 am 
BoTM | rBoTM | rider
BoTM | rBoTM | rider

allenh wrote:
57 is quite a number and on one side I'm glad I'm not in your league Mr P but on the other I'm worryingly close. Oops!!.

I’m counting 43 in your signature & we all know that’s probably not the full story.... :xmas-big-grin:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:04 am 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys

Trio and Kenwood were pretty much the same

I sold this one a while ago and mostly concentrate on Pioneer, Philips and a bit of Blaupunkt.

I do have a Nakamichi system I need to sort out

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:05 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

legrandefromage wrote:
I have a large quantity of Hifi that I need to go through, some of it gets very sort after but as its far easier to store, its not as much as a problem, but my garage has gone from a dumping ground to almost obsessively clean and organised.

Then theres the 200 or so car radios... :facepalm:

Oh, and bicycles, nearly forgot about those.

Yep Hifi that's a given and I openly admit to that addiction but you're right it is easier to store, my Revox mountain is a thing to behold that I look at in a Golem like state as its value just keeps rising, now those I really should start to shift on as no man needs 10 studio standard open reel machines, although I always say need and want are interchangeable words in this context.

Car radios yep guilty as well I did a cull there a few years ago. I had amassed a huge collection of the Pioneer Component kit (KEX900's etc) because it was the option fit for BMW's in the 80's and I have a couple of those, the fact I'd amassed enough kit for 10 complete systems when I had 3 cars for it all to go in is completely irrelevant obviously. I probably still have enough for at least 5 cars but at least I made a start.
The bigger problem though as Peachy has reminded me with his Kenwood and Trio talk is that I might of started out with the intention of buying only Pioneer component but strangely there's quite a bit of Alpine, Nakamichi, Kenwood and Trio in with it and I have no excuse for any of that as I never had any use for anything other than the Pioneer. There's even 2 complete boxed as new sets of Technics car HiFI systems in with it all which are as rare as hens teeth in the UK.

At least I've been a little better behaved with my bike obsessions but thats only probably because their storage difficulties limit my magpie like purchase instincts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next