An Intervention....long overdue

8 down, broken into the 40’s.... already spent the money..... :xmas-big-grin:

legrandefromage":3dwn5f5t said:
Pssst! Wanna buy a bicycle?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmR8fzQjuD8[/youtube]

Re:

Hi, if it helps I have at least twice your issue, but I'm hoping for a controlled release to supplement my pension when I retire in a couple of years, so there's method in the madness, but that said, I have a number of times over the last years said that's enough, but cycle jumbles and bargains have tempted me from the path. Don't get rid of holy grail stuff, you'll regret it, the amount of 'finds' is getting smaller, and really, collecting is healthy as long as it doesn't effect the family unit, buying and selling at jumbles ( when they return ) is a good way of continuing, more fun than fleabay and the family can assist at the tables while you are looking for the good stuff. Thanks Terry

Peachy!":4y8drzsk said:

tsk tsk, burning a hole in your pocket :facepalm:

I've been saving the funds ive made off my accumulated bits. otherwise it fritters away. Save it in a different account, or a box under the bed, but all together you can get or invest in something nice.

Re: Re:

OldTel":2nky30ln said:
Hi, if it helps I have at least twice your issue, but I'm hoping for a controlled release to supplement my pension when I retire in a couple of years, so there's method in the madness, but that said, I have a number of times over the last years said that's enough, but cycle jumbles and bargains have tempted me from the path. Don't get rid of holy grail stuff, you'll regret it, the amount of 'finds' is getting smaller, and really, collecting is healthy as long as it doesn't effect the family unit, buying and selling at jumbles ( when they return ) is a good way of continuing, more fun than fleabay and the family can assist at the tables while you are looking for the good stuff. Thanks Terry

Cheers Terry,
The road keepers are;
1948 Avant Courer
1949 Sport Anglais
1951 Olympic Sprint
1954 Jubilee Special
1955 Ladies’ Sports
1962 Cordon Bleu
1965 Tourino
1969 Electron Superfive (it was the boys first build)
1978 Majestique (daughters, she’ll never give it up)
1981 Colstar

& the boys next project;
1994 Colnago Master Piu Decor..... :cool:

dyna-ti":3sy9132g said:
Peachy!":3sy9132g said:

tsk tsk, burning a hole in your pocket :facepalm:

I've been saving the funds ive made off my accumulated bits. otherwise it fritters away. Save it in a different account, or a box under the bed, but all together you can get or invest in something nice.

Thanks Dad.... :roll: :xmas-wink: :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

Blokes as a rule like tinkering with stuff . be bikes ,cars, trucks what ever .
Limited space has kept the number of bikes to a sensible number as far as I am concerned . If it either to big or small for me to ride,it has been moved on .
Saxon twin tube went lat year .Claud Butler stripped down .The frame is hanging up in the office /spare room,well it is a start :roll: . At least 2 others,on move it list . If the price is right it can go,with regards any of my classics .
Only one bike left inside the home . A Kirk has to be kept away from any chance of damp :!:
Classics are
3 Carltons. Hmm
Paris. :cool:
Sun Manx tt . To go.
Bates. :cool:
Mercian. :?:
Hetchins. :cool:
Kirk. :cool:
Evans. To go
Claud Butler. Stripped .
Fake Gate . :facepalm:

What good free therapy session this thread is .

Re: Re:

bagpuss":2jxhk2dh said:
What good free therapy session this thread is .

It has proved therapeutic.... however, I've just forced myself to pre wrap up the Classic TT, as I keep looking at it & thinking "what if?" even though I know its too small for me... :facepalm:

Back