Today's Ride

... yep, got to concur with the above. Indeed the coolest thread on the whole RB.

Took my winter bike deep into the woods today. The winter's coming.

Attachments

• DSC_0065.jpg
    DSC_0065.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 435
  • DSC_0060.jpg
    DSC_0060.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 435
  • DSC_0059.jpg
    DSC_0059.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 435
  • DSC_0056.jpg
    DSC_0056.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 435
Re:

Just got back from 3 days in my second most fav. place on the planet, next to Fairfax-Lake Tahoe. 6200' up in the Sierras, surrounded by 9-10,000 foot peaks, it's the Jewel of the Sierras. 22 miles long, 12 miles wide, and 72 miles around. It's up to 1650' deep of pure fresh water. After 4 years of drought, it's down about 6 feet, but that is only noticeable in some spots. Today-Tuesday-A ride to my favorite beach at the Lake-Whale Rock-named after the iconic granite rock formation erupting out of the water just offshore-beautiful day, about 84 F. and sunny...

Attachments

• North Shore.jpg
    North Shore.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 422
  • Balancing rock.jpg
    Balancing rock.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 422
  • Essential beach gear.jpg
    Essential beach gear.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 422
  • At Whale Rock .jpg
    At Whale Rock .jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 422
  • Whale Rock.jpg
    Whale Rock.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 422
Re:

Today-Thursday-The Flume Trail ride-The most iconic ride at Tahoe. You first climb to 8600'-to put this in perspective, it's about 1700' higher than the Col du Tourmalet, the highest pass in the Pyrenees. You then drop down to Marlette Lake at 8200' where the trail begins. It is a narrow ledge of a trail built in 1873 to carry water down to the desert in Virginia City far below in the desert to the East. The view are spectacular, and the 2000' steep descent at the end is awesome...

Attachments

• South Lake.jpg
    South Lake.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 416
  • Sand Harbor.jpg
    Sand Harbor.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 416
  • On the Trail.jpg
    On the Trail.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 416
  • Old Flume Pipe.jpg
    Old Flume Pipe.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 416
  • Marlette Lake 8200'.jpg
    Marlette Lake 8200'.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 416
  • Looking South.jpg
    Looking South.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 416
  • Flume Trail.jpg
    Flume Trail.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 416
  • LBS Sign.jpg
    LBS Sign.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 416
Re:

Today-Friday-A flat ride to the beach in Tahoe City on the North Shore. Due to the 4 years of drought, the lake is 6 feet low right now-it does get 1650' deep- and it shows the most at the pier in Tahoe City-although at Whale Rock beach it wasn't so noticeable...

Attachments

• Paddle boards.jpg
    Paddle boards.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 412
  • Kayaker.jpg
    Kayaker.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 412
  • High and dry pier.jpg
    High and dry pier.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 412
Such a cool place Tahoe. Really loved the views and the air up there. Need to go back some time.

:D

Love Whale Rock. Pootle to the Roman Villa. 10ft nettles protect it at this time of year but if you know where to look.

Think found the limits of the semi-slick touring tyres......

Then on home past the neighbours place. Bit of a fixer upper.....

sunday quickie. managed to get the pace out for its first post build up ride. bloody back hope hub is toast so an xtr will replace it now. dry, warm.....slow and chilled out all the way. met some other rider for a brief chat and catch up :)

Re:

Today-Tuesday-After a few days off the bike. I broke out my '91 Funk with slicks for a little road ride. On the way home, I stopped by an old friend's classic car dealership to see what he had on sale. Must be MG week, as he had a perfect MGA in the showroom, with a lovely pair of TD's outside-nice weather today, about 86 F. and sunny...

Attachments

• Pair of TD's.jpg
    Pair of TD's.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 331
  • MGA.jpg
    MGA.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 331
Re:

Today-Wednesday-Up Tam a ways into the Water district with some friends. About 80 F. and sunny...

Attachments

• Back of Bon Tempe Lake.jpg
    Back of Bon Tempe Lake.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 315
  • Extra Steep.jpg
    Extra Steep.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 315
  • Above Phoenix Lake.jpg
    Above Phoenix Lake.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 315
  • looking East at the Bay.jpg
    looking East at the Bay.jpg