Today's Ride

Re:

Still a nice bike that Gary Fisher! Your next will be a Breezer? Gary should visit the Mountainbike museum if he's in the neighbourhood of Arnhem!

Nice workshop. Saw this family of swans on today's ride so had to stop and take a picture...

Attachments

• DSC_0442.jpg
    DSC_0442.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 258
Re:

Today-Saturday-It's hot and hazy today. The haze is from a large wildfire near Clearlake, about 90 miles North of here-the fire has burnt 32,000 acres so far. Once up to about 1000' you couldn't smell the smoke anymore. Rode up to the fake tree-cell tower site, on a hill above the loop at Tamarancho today...

Attachments

• View to the West.jpg
    View to the West.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 249
  • White Hill.jpg
    White Hill.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 249
  • Hazy down there.jpg
    Hazy down there.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 249
  • cell tower.jpg
    cell tower.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 249
Re:

Today's ride was a race!
A six hour race that I did in the retro pre'95 category with SplatterPaint on this forum. We won, again :roll:
Great course, nice and rooty and technical. But most importantly, dry! After a lot of rain this week, I feared it would continue. I feared for the power and pads of my cantis, but it wasn't a problem at all :cool:

Me relaxing while the other Mike did a lap,

Nice one Mike ;)

Mike

Over to Tewkesbury to pick up a yardage book. Playing 18 for charity on Friday. Got the clubs out of the loft. Hope they like spiders. Course is next to the battlefield.

View from the tenth
e383860865bfe967483093f7ea70a128_zpsfnlthiy0.jpg

615962433dc6848b88b62b4851165b23_zpsva9dwt6z.jpg

Re:

Which battle, THM? Today-Tuesday-The last two days were just too hot to ride around here-about 104 F. ( 40 C. ) Sunday, then 98 F. ( 36.6 C. ) Monday. Today it only got up to 90 F. ( 32 C. ) , so Charlie Kelly and I rode up to Tamarancho. The smoky haze in the air is now gone-see my pics from Saturday- as they have a good handle on the wildfires up North of here now. Before we left, I replaced the Stan's fluid in my tubeless rear tire, as the sealant inside finally dried up into a rubbery lump...

Attachments

• CK.jpg
    CK.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 211
  • Bottom of Alchemist trail.jpg
    Bottom of Alchemist trail.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 211
  • Clearer Today.jpg
    Clearer Today.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 211
  • Dried Stan's lump.jpg
    Dried Stan's lump.jpg