Today's Ride

Re:

Today-Thursday-A 700' climb to the West of town, then down to the Bike Museum to leave some stuff with Joe Breeze. He was showing Robert Reisinger around at the time, the founder of Mountain Cycle. So of course I posed them in front of the Mt. Cycle San Andreas in the museum...

Attachments

• Tam.jpg
    Tam.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 386
  • Robert Reisinger and Joe Breeze.jpg
    Robert Reisinger and Joe Breeze.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 386
Re:

Today-Friday- A mid day climb up to the West of town, about 1000'-nice out, cooler at about 74 F. and sunny...

Attachments

• East Bay Zoom shot.jpg
    East Bay Zoom shot.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 370
  • View from the top.jpg
    View from the top.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 370
  • Gunsite trail up Loma Alta 1592'.jpg
    Gunsite trail up Loma Alta 1592'.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 370
  • Tam.jpg
    Tam.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 370
Perfect pic THM! I think that's 2857 on the Severn Valley line?
I think that'll be my new desktop wallpaper, thanks.

Re:

Today-Monday-A late summer heat wave is upon us. We left on the climb into the hills to the West of town at 86 F.-by the time we got up about 1000' it was 93 F.-so we sat in the shade for a long while, then made the descent back home... :cool:

Attachments

• It's Hot.jpg
    It's Hot.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 318
  • Descending Iron Springs road.jpg
    Descending Iron Springs road.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 318
Very far from any heatwaves up here in the North, which is exactly how I like it. A very enjoyable 120 km in 14 centigrade despite it being a little too windy, but as long the air's crisp and breathing's easy it's all hunky dory.

Saw this baby sittin on some lucky guy's driveway in the middle of nowhere... literally. Had to double back to take a snapshot.

Attachments

• impala.jpg
    impala.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 306
Re:

1963 Impala SS Sport coupe, looks like. With a GM 671 Blower and a 409 Big Block engine. You know, 26er, it barely got cooler here last night than your daytime high temp.-as I sit typing this at 3 PM California time, it's 97 F. (36 C.) outside...

Back