now with gears

yo-3.jpg

yo2-2.jpg

yobridge.jpg

yogearedsnow.jpg

yogeared3.jpg

yogeared2.jpg

first tentative pics of the yo.

The colour is actually pretty nice and I will be going yellow/black, new wheels decals and SS are on the cards but my big problem is the push in bottom bracket with a 118mm spindle that is a pain in the ass. Really limiting the cranks I can put on her. Anyone got a longer spindle, please!

black or amberwall?

yoed3.jpg

yoed2.jpg

yoed.jpg

Nice buddy, knew you couldnae wait. FWIW I reckon black too, in fact everything black let the frame pop out.Those XT cranks look nice on there though :).

Hey Gazz,

This looks so cool even though its half built, Funily I am having a yellow and black collection for a build, I have a Kona Frame that needs a powdercoat and have just aquired a set of Mavic Cross Rides ? Black with bright yellow hubs, they would look the dogs danglies on there if you could find some, I think Old School Pete has a front.

Looking forward to seeing it built, you will need to change your name to Eric, move to 29 Acacia Road & eat a banana before you ride this :LOL:

kona curve crankset runs on a 119mm BB.... but just try finding one

M560 LX says 113-118 according to sheldon

some with blackwalls and old flite

yoblack3.jpg

yoblack2.jpg

yoblack.jpg

some of the road cranksets are 107 so might be worth a look, might limit my SS ratios? :?

Bike looks sweet. Action-Tec do a 128mm axle for the press in bb frames. I am pretty sure the axle does not have a shoulder for bearings......good luck with the build. Dan :D

you are right mate they come in at $95 plus shipping so at the moment I'm exploring other avenues :roll:

The trouble is, the collars take a bit of room up on the axle and just to squeeze it more, one collar is a good bit bigger than the other- one has grub nut thing in metric and the other side is imperial, even if I could get a smaller collar I could survive with what I've got.

Rody has no more collars so might put the feelers out in the wanted pages :evil:

I could make you collars. Though time scale would be crystal ball like.

Betwixt and between with the tyres, though agree crossmax's would look superb. Did you see the yellow one on ebay?

Back