Rickers '97 Yo Eddy Team

Ricker

Dirt Disciple
This one is on the cusp- # YO ML 2025. puts it somewhere around 97 to 98. I am building it as a late '97. This is the frame that got me into putting together vintage MTBs. I have been collect very old bikes for a while now but I have really enjoyed the vintage mtbs lately. I also really like the enthusiasm on this site. So many great memories come back with this era.

I knew an old guy while living in Alma CO who had a perfect lavender YO that he kept above his rustic fireplace and only brought out for special occasions. I have lusted after that one ever since.

This frame may have already been on this site- I don't know. It was repainted by Viscious Cycles and is one of the later NY made frames. It also has the early 2000's headbadge on it but I like it. I need to get an extra headbadge decal for it just to have handy for when it gets passed on to the next owner. I am building it with some of the parts that I had around and the way I built my bikes back during that time.

photos:
97 Yo Eddy frame_1.jpg
Yo Eddy SID_1.jpg
Yo Eddy cockpit_1.jpg
Yo Eddy rear_1.jpg
Yo Eddy BB decal_1.jpg
Yo Eddy Flite TT_1.jpg

I love the blue pearl over the lavender

Frame: 97 Yo Eddy Team Fat Chance size M/L

Fork: SID SL

Headset: Chris King black
Stem: Ritchey WCS 120 mm (nos)
Handlebar: Easton monkey lite lo-rise SL
Grips: Pedros Bobke prayer stix
Barends:

Brakes: Avid Mag
Brake Pads: XTR cartridge
Brake Cables: XTR
Cantilever cable hangers:
Brake Levers: Avid speed dial Mag

Shifters: XTR 950 8 speed
Front Derailleur:
Rear Derailleur: XTR 950
Derailleur Cables:
Cassette: XTR 950 12-32
Chain:
Cranks:
Crank Bolts:
Chainrings:
Chainring bolts:
Bottom Bracket:
Pedals:

Hub Skewers: Fast Feather black
Rims: Mavic Crossmax
Hubs:
Nipples:
Spokes:
Tyres: WTB velociraptor
Tubes:

Saddle: Flite TT (nos)
Seatpost: Syncros alloy
Seatpost Binder: Fat Chance

Weight: surprisingly light for steel. Will find out a total once it is finished-

Last edited:
Thanks-You are probably right but I’m light(ish)! I rode SIDs bitd and they seemed as good as anything else out there. I always thought that the crowns on these had a blue hue to them and that it would look good with the blue pearl over the lavender. So really I chose it for how it looks . I ride new bikes hard these days and ride the vintage around more as cruisers. I know that’s controversial on this site;)

I want a later NY yo. small medium or medium size.
I wish this one was smaller also- I typically ride a small mtb but some mediums fit. This one doesn't seem to be overly large. I will see once I find a nice xtr 950 crankset and can finish it.

Back