Kuwahara Shasta

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Got a few things for this one so thought I would show and tell. Since I was a nipper and saw ET I have always wanted a Kuwahara, it was one of those names that beguiled and mesmirised, the nearest I got was seeing someones ET pad set. Anyway fast forward a few years and for a while I've hankered for one albeit in MTB form with an idea of kitting it with old BMX brands and Japanese parts. I've had the ebay search for donkeys but nothing really came up till this frame and forks appeared on the forum. Hummed and haa'd as I really didn't need another project but it was a bargain price and was still up for sale. Seemed and ideal candidate for a drop bar as this was something else I fancied trying with a view to maybe a few cyclocross races through the winter. It was starting to get a wee bit too anal with sourcing some of the components to try to keep it Japanese and the criteria was eased a wee bit to accommodate some stuff I had namely the brooks saddle which I had been waiting to mount to something.
Anyway enough waffle and on with the pics, hope to have this finished soon, need some nitto bars and the usual stuff and thats pretty much it.

3578683884_e326e65872_b.jpg

3577880345_1740295018_b.jpg

3578684870_79dbca6e23_b.jpg

as usual any comments good or bad appreciated :)

The flat bars are in just to get an idea if the drops will work.

looks great Kaiser- loving the wheels ;) They look very true- unlike some other wheels I could mention :roll:

A very cool bike and love the ritchey like rear triangle :cool: - rear mech and single cog- Whats the story?

clockworkgazz":3sns4qqc said:
looks great Kaiser- loving the wheels ;) They look very true- unlike some other wheels I could mention :roll:

:oops: those mavics weren't bent were they?

clockworkgazz":3sns4qqc said:
A very cool bike and love the ritchey like rear triangle :cool: - rear mech and single cog- Whats the story?

Going to use the derailleur as a tensioner.

not bent at all- just needed a wee true with my trusty nipple tweaker :shock:

My most fav. tool of all time.

:oops: I have all the bits now and haven't put it together yet :oops: ..................as per, maybe tomorrow :)

Back