Project Mini Orange! - Final build, page 3!

pencilman77

Retro Guru
Thanks to Brocklanders023, I have a new project that I'm going to build up for my daughter....with her help! :shock:
Its a 1992 14" Orange Clockwork (pics to follow) that may have a back story of originally being owned by a former female British champion (could be very difficult to prove!) Frame No: A2070034

Currently it is satin black frame with orange aluminium forks. My current build direction is based around M560 LX groupset that I already have, finishing kit will be based around fitting for my daughter so a very short reach stem, comfy contact points etc. My big issue is she loves all things purple :facepalm:
So I can see some "discussions" on the finishing kit to occur!

Re: Project Mini Orange!

I managed to get some photos of the project today, I quickly chucked some wheels and a seat on it just to gauge size for my daughter.
Looking at it, a short seat post to get the seat right down and a very short reach stem are the least thats required, once I strip it down, I'm currently undecided if I should get the frame and forks recoated both in satin black, or leave the forks in aluminium state :?: :?:
4fsr-PER9-T6-KORz-Bz-H2fbjw.jpg

yoj-RKp-Hk-Riut-Jahn-QOJPIw.jpg

p-Jkb-L5cs-Spypskc-Saj-D9-A.jpg

34l-SZLYx-Sz-O-vmwu-Jr-Xq-Vw.jpg

Z8-RUh-JTJRTOm-Qq-GC4-4y6w.jpg

Re:

I was torn myself when it came to repainting. If it does turn out to have history I thought it'd be a shame but then no child is going to want to ride it! I say ask your daughter. ;)

Re:

I think I’ll strip it down and clean it all up the best I can and then see what she thinks, her initial idea of it being purple doesn’t sit well with me!

Re: Project Mini Orange!

A small amount of progress to report....a strip down and many hours of fork polishing later....

Me and the new custodian of the Orange (my daughter) sat down and discussed the build, she is happy to stick with just the frame being cleaned and touched up, New decals (thanks Gil!) have been delivered and we put the fork set on just to see what they look like and she loves the colour!

The seatpost has been shortened to allow for a full drop and a new short stem has been sourced, a test fitting shows she can pretty much fit now!
orange.jpg

orange2.jpg

Back