1989 Raleigh Mustang

mattbrown

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Picked up a couple of weeks ago from a Freecycler (they also had a retro gold mie of bits as well). I added the tires as the originals were perished. Just need to replace the brake cables. I dont think the rear wheel is original at its make by Sovos and looks newer, and the rim is slightly different to the front, but is still only 5 speed.

Attachments

• IMAG1163.jpg
    IMAG1163.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 703
Re:

I like these *cough* lower end models, always very charming. Think I had the kid's version of a mustang in about 1993, my dad added an aero disk to the back and I put Max Power stickers on it!

Re:

Had an identical one a couple years ago which I only paid a tenner for (I went through a phase of collecting old Raleighs :facepalm: ) so always have a soft spot for them.

Ironically sold it to a guy who wanted it so badly because it was identical to his very first race bike when he started crosscountry events. (hard to imagine these being raced now, or ever :LOL: )

i started out on the black and white painted version of that bike. I didn't know what a BB was and that it had to be maintained. fell apart on the way home :oops: :facepalm: :LOL: laugh now about it.

Back