1980s Raleigh Richmond Lady Road bike, with Reynolds 531 mixed frame

ClairBear

Retro Newbie
1980s Raleigh Richmond Lady Road bike, with Reynolds 531 aluminium mixed frame, in black with gold lettering and original bicycle pump in black with gold lettering and original bicycle pump.
I bought this from Covent Garden Cycles in 1980. It was expensive then but the owner said with the TI Tubing it was worth it. It had new tyres and inner tubes a few years ago and has been serviced a few times. The brakes and gears all work well. There is some pitting to the small chrome brackets and there are age related marks and scratches . Six speed Shimano gears. The mudguards and wheel reflectors are original so apart from the tyres, and inner tubes, and seat it is as bought. Regarding frame size, measuring from the centre of the crank axle to the top of the seat tube of the frame it is approximately 19.5". Sorry am not sure how to do this, please advise. Think it is slightly smaller than average frame as I am 163cm tall. The rims and axles are alloy, the size is 27" x 1 1/4" and they are made by Weinmann as are the brakes. The gears and gear change are made by Suntor. The rear carrier originally held a wicker basket.

Attachments

• Raleigh Richmond 531 bike.JPG
    Raleigh Richmond 531 bike.JPG
    732 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4703.JPG
    IMG_4703.JPG
    696.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4708.JPG
    IMG_4708.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4714.JPG
    IMG_4714.JPG
    837.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4704.JPG
    IMG_4704.JPG
    592.5 KB · Views: 4
Would appreciate any advice on how best to sell and suggested asking price - thanks all. As you can see I am very new to this.

Back