Help identifying childhood bike

thenearney

Retro Newbie
This has been bugging me for years - I loved this bike, but never saw another like it. I've googled a few times over the years, but never turned anything up. I've finally found an old photo (well, slide!) with it in so hoping someone might be able shed some light.

I remembered it as a "Raleigh Trekker", but looking at this photo I'd say it was called a "Trecker". Not entirely certain it was actually a Raleigh to be honest (given I also remembered it as being red, my memory on this one is clearly not to be trusted).

I got it sometime around 1983, but I'd say it was a few years old by then, so probably made in late 70s/early 80s. It had front suspension, and I think a front disk brake, which looks about right according to the picture (flipped me straight over the handlebars the first time I tried an endo). I also think it had 3 gears with a Grifter-style shift, and I'm fairly sure it was similar size to a Grifter.

Hoping one of you bike nuts out there has come across one of these before :)

Attachments

• trecker.jpg
    trecker.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 326
Looks like it may say something along the lines of 'TRUCKER' rather than trecker duder. 3rd letter is an 'o' or a 'u' i reckon.

Back