1992 Peugeot Magnum 800 - Monster Cross.

XCDave

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Not really an off-the-peg spec, but thought I'd post it up.
First off, this is a long bike. 19 inch frame but the reach seems massive.
This was fully original spec when I got it early on this year. Ritchey stem and bars, full DX M650 groupset (including pedals, thumbshifters and hubs), Wolber AT18 rims, Tioga Avenger headset, SR Sakae seatpost and weird plastic saddle. Of this, only the fork, headset, seatpost, seat binder and saddle survive. I rode it for a while as it was but the long toptube and 135mm stem were just too much for me so I stripped it and sold off the bits. However, the frame hung around and it was too much to resist.
Hence we have the Monster Cross monstrosity here. Well, more like Monster Mash. Random spares and a Charge Bowl drop bar. Even with this tiny stem, it still feels quite a stretch. Anyway, something different.
Enjoy!

Not a bad frame really, Columbus tubing and a Tange unicrown fork. High bb and quite relaxed angles. This should tickle my fancy enormously as it's old, not particularly well thought of, and a bit weird, but I didn't get into it for a while. However, I took it on one of my old 'proper' up-in-the-hills rides the other weekend and it was brilliant fun. I think I was expecting it to be a burly road bike, but it's definitely better suited to off piste action.

Back