1994 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR

yeti_bomb

Senior Retro Guru
Just picked up a early FSR right near my house. Very stoked to find one so local. Needs some work but has good bones. Would love to see some other rides from fellow members.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 905
Hopefully a retro member can clear this up. I understand from the following link that the FSRs all had 19 inch seat tubes?

viewtopic.php?t=61755

Trying to figure out what size frame I have before I start the build. Anyone have a better scan of the sizing chart or any other info regarding first gen FSR frames?

Thanks

If I'm reading the chart right it says a 19 inch frame has a 563 mm top tube. I'm measuring 560 plus on my frame so I think I'm good. Any thoughts appreciated.

Re:

They do seem to be a little bizarre on the sizing.

I may be wrong, but I think this frame was a previous RB members bike/build.

Watching with interest as im thinking of doing an fsr also.

Nice project you've got yourself, love them in that grey/green colour.

I had an S-works a few years ago. It had a damaged top tube (you can see it has a sleeve in the pic) so I built it up as a winter hack with spare parts. But it was great fun to ride, lively and agile, I ended up using it a lot.

Attachments

• 95FSR.jpg
    95FSR.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 842
Nice bike! I think I may have a 18 inch frame which is a little small. Depending on where they measure the top tube. If I measue the effective reach it's a 19 if just the top tube and seat tube junction then maybe a 18.

Re:

Pretty sure it's a 18. I doubt they were referring to effective reach back then..... Argh

Back