Serotta T-Max

Defiant

Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
long time ago i had a thing for bikes, i even was quite active on this forum

I sold most of my bikes, allot of them ended up in the dutch mountainbike museum.
There were 2 brands i had a week spot for: Nuke Proof and Serotta
Had a few of them, even won BOTY with my Serotta

But now,.. a few weeks back, a got one of my old bikes back, a friend of mine used the bike for some years, did not use it anymore. changed some parts (replaced the XTR Crank for a Deore something) and now it home again,...I even once bought the bike new ,.. must have been 93 or something close

Have no clue what to do with it,..
It's been years that i sat on a bike,...

Attachments

• IMG_3262.JPG
    IMG_3262.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 817
Re:

No , I have not parts left at all.
Cant remember what fork i bought it with, i think it had a Pace Rc31 back then, but i had so many bikes that i could be wrong.

I do remember that it is very stiff to ride, the tubing is spectacular, those weird shaped tubes. Work of art.

I think it would look nice with a FSX fork, or a nice rigid one. As shifters and stuf, I like the m900 series.
But honestly, i do not know what to do with it. do not have the energy to start a build.

i now remember, it came with a long travel Mag 21 Ti, the gold matched the gold logo's ,..

stumpjumper1990":1zmphllw said:
Welcome back!!

;)

I am present but i do not know yet if i am back ;)
If i want to get this Serotta back into shape i would:

- Replace the fork ; Mag 21 ti or Judy in gold , or a nice rigid one but the frame is so dame stiff that you need shocks
- Crank : i like the normal M900 , but something like a cook bros would be nice (gold spider)
- Wheelset,.. maybe M900 hubs,..

But for now,.. it's in my way and do not feel like starting a new project.

Re:

Really really miss mine in period rave colours. Agree very unique stiff ride these T Max bikes have with the oem fork but that was transformed with a Mag 21. Even though they are stiff they are an absolute joy to ride and the handling is really something.

Note to self.do not put another eBay search in for one :cry:

Re: Re:

M-Power":28wkv0fc said:
Note to self.do not put another eBay search in for one :cry:

:D

Did you have one in bright Yellow / Pink ?

i have had one like that also

Handeling is ACE indeed ,.. sharp as a knife

Back