1993 KHS Montana Comp

retroyetirigid

Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
Recently saw this on ebay with a couple of days left to run. Was local to me, so put it in my watch list. Was still at the same price this morning but was ending while I was at work so stuck a bid in on it and hoped for the best. Got home from work tonight to find that I'd won it :shock: :D . Was glad it wasn't outed on here :oops: ;) .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Khs-Montana-C ... true&rt=nc

Will be picking it up tomorrow evening, so better pics then. The plan it to use it as a commuter/training bike instead of the GT Tequesta that I have been using (it's a bit small for me :oops: ) as it should be a bit lighter and its handling will hopefully be similar to my Park Pre 825 pro that I normally race on. All being well, it may well be coming to Mayhem with me :D .

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That looks good, great price too.

Change the seat and use a fair bit of degreaser and that should be looking tidy.

Re:

As promised, some (slightly :oops: ) better pics, taken this morning as it was too dark when I got home last night ;) .

P3252028_zpsdnn6dfnx.jpg

P3252035_zps4vzarecs.jpg

P3252029_zpsgmtjcpss.jpg

P3252030_zpsvkgtqptw.jpg

P3252031_zpswwzqmlcd.jpg

P3252032_zps2xsztesw.jpg

P3252033_zpsnm9nitin.jpg

P3252034_zps7xf0ld8p.jpg

I've not done ANYTHING to it yet (the urge to remove rear light bracket was big, but I've resisted till pics were taken), so its as I picked it up :D . Looks to be all original except the tyres and lack of toeclips :shock: .
Was wearing a 'Retrobike' T shirt when I picked it up and the seller was happy that it was going to a good home to be restored and not ridden in to the ground :cool: .
Next is to strip , clean, replace all the cables, saddle, tyres and possibly front mech (its a bit worn) & inner tubes (if they don't hold air) then ride it :D .

Re:

Was up early this morning (thanks to 20 month old twins :roll: ) so decided to strip the bike down ready for cleaning. About an hour later, this is what I've got :D :shock: .

P3262036_zpsn4b6yrbg.jpg

P3262037_zpsskm3me2k.jpg

P3262038_zpsxisgkt1e.jpg

P3262039_zpsiurfsyqn.jpg

Now the 'fun' begins :LOL: . On top of replacing the cables, saddle, front mech and tyres, the bottom bracket is a bit rough so will be changed and the seatpost is not the lightest, so may also be swapped for somthing better (if I have the right size ;) )

Re:

I love the look of these!! I have this years catalogue under my coffee table at home :cool: Looking forward to seeing it cleaned up!! has the pink faded at all?

Back