1990 (?) Muddyfox Pathfinder

CezarB

Old School Hero
Hey!

Today I spotted a Pathfinder in baby blue left for the scrappers by somebodies gate today and had to have it!

Exactly like in the picture except that it's missing the front wheel and the saddle/seatpost? Everything else except the grips are original and I love the colours and stickers!

MuddyFox_Pathfinder2.jpg

What year? Any details about the bike? Excited to put it together.

Thanks

That's a 1990 in the alternate Neon Blue colour. Wheels were Joytech hubs with Araya VP-20 rims, seat was an MF branded Viscount and seatpost kalloy. Great bike once you put on a shorter stem with a bit of rise, otherwise it's just too low and steers like a boat.

Carl.

I had some time to inspect the bike and what a disaster! I now know why it was being thrown out.

I must have been so excited that the bike was left out that I didn't notice it. Might get my friend to bodge weld it because the colour and decals are soo cute.

Everything that came off the bike is fine just needs a clean. Really unfamiliar with Suntour stuff, don't even have the cassette tool! Is it worth stripping the wheel for the rim? (Araya VP-20). The axle and bearings are messed up anyway but the rim still has good breaking surface.

Attachments

• IMG_010711111.jpg
    IMG_010711111.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 1,137
  • IMG_010811111.jpg
    IMG_010811111.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 1,136
I can pretty much guarantee that the reason for the frame failure is because the axle snapped, they were always doing that.

Should be an easy repair with a MIG welder that as it's on a dropout.

The low end Suntour stuff is functional but clunky, not as good as the low end Shimano.

Carl.

drcarlos":3rm9pbxp said:
I can pretty much guarantee that the reason for the frame failure is because the axle snapped, they were always doing that.

Should be an easy repair with a MIG welder that as it's on a dropout.

The low end Suntour stuff is functional but clunky, not as good as the low end Shimano.

Carl.

Yeah I will double check with a friend of mine, he works at a garage and has welded his own bike there before. I thought that it looks a bit lesser than Shimano, a bit flimsy. Thanks

Latest posts

Back