My Orange c16r Re-Re build... update FOR SALE

unit3

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well this is build number 2, I know its not going to be to all tastes,but its my own twist on how I would like my orange to look.

Also being the c16r its not as desirable as other models.

The bike itself was a cheepo buy on ebay, everything I have got or going to get has been done with a budget in mind.

This is some pictures of the bike as I got it, you can see the awesome forks :facepalm:

Its was mostly original,bar the obvious.

There she was, showing sighn's of wear and tear, chips and surface corrosion, miss matched wheels, warn tyres and the most horenduss front forks known to man :shock:

When I collected the bike the owner did mention he had the original forks, awesome I thought, but it was short lived, tho they were the F7's it should have, they are bent beyond repair :roll:

On the upside it actually rode ok, as long as you didn't use front brake lol.

So after stripping the bike to a bare I sent it off with my bro in low to get shot blasted and powder coated....
I also got new decails from gil_m, who I will highly recommend and be using in the near future.

So here it is as it stands.

It now has the c16r decals on the top tube also.
I will update as I go with spec list and parts pictures if people are interested.

Niall.

Re: #2 Orange c16r custom build *not for everyone*

Like that a lot.... good effort

G

Re: #2 Orange c16r custom build *not for everyone*

unkleGsif":ne0vtsox said:
Like that a lot.... good effort

G

Cheers mate, thought there might be a bit more interest or comment, ah well was stuck in doors today so did a 'dry' build with a couple of bits from the stash, not deffo on the finished spec.

Couple picts

Spec list so far.
Orange c16r 17'
Powder coated white frame,stem and post.
Rock shox judy XC with Ti spring conversion (1' quill)
Stronglight headset
Mavic 121 on xt hubs
Panneracer smoke/lite amber walls
M950 xtr front and rear V's
M950 leavers/ Avid speed dial Ti's
M950 7 speed trigger
M950 derailleur (rear)
X-lite 540 Ti bars

may well change as I build it up.

Re: #2 Orange c16r built my way

Nice C16R – like it a lot. Having seen a few white framed Oranges on here, including DynaCol's & Matt24777's C16Rs, I'm half tempted to get my Clockwork repowdered white. Gil's bold black/orange decals look fab on the white - did you lacquer over them? Also, what seatpost is that and where did you get the Smoke & Dart from? Look forward to seeing more pics of your build.

groovyblueshed":3n8355qr said:
Nice C16R – like it a lot. Having seen a few white framed Oranges on here, including DynaCol's & Matt24777's C16Rs, I'm half tempted to get my Clockwork repowdered white. Gil's bold black/orange decals look fab on the white - did you lacquer over them? Also, what seatpost is that and where did you get the Smoke & Dart from? Look forward to seeing more pics of your build.

Thankyou :D

Decided to go for white quite some time back just after I bought the c16, actually before I joined up here, but seeing a couple of others done in white I knew it was the way to go.

Gil's decals are perfect, cant fault them in any way, not lacquerd over yet, was a bit worried about any effect it may have on the crisp lines of the lettering.

Seatpost is standard Orange c16r, just powdered too, adds a nice flow I think?
As for the smoke/dart, I have a varied stock of retro tyres, more than I need to be honest lol.

feetabix":16jcc0eb said:
Nice.......very clean........the white looks great!.....

Thanks bud, this is my first build, realy enjoying it :cool:

unit3":384qcqxs said:
groovyblueshed":384qcqxs said:

Thankyou :D

Decided to go for white quite some time back just after I bought the c16, actually before I joined up here, but seeing a couple of others done in white I knew it was the way to go.

Gil's decals are perfect, cant fault them in any way, not lacquerd over yet, was a bit worried about any effect it may have on the crisp lines of the lettering.

Seatpost is standard Orange c16r, just powdered too, adds a nice flow I think?
As for the smoke/dart, I have a varied stock of retro tyres, more than I need to be honest lol.

Myself, I'd have a silver/polished seatpost and other bits, but I don't mind the matching white post – it's a bold move that works – one doesn't have to adhere to regulations. I might use some 3M clear film over my repro decals.

I joined RB back in November 2012 whilst recovering from injury and whilst researching ideas for refurbishing my Clockwork. On my internet travels before joining RB, I found Freshtripe, with a C16 retro build done in a nice pearl white – I was thinking of this scheme amongst many other ideas...

http://www.freshtripe.co.uk/Freshtripe/ ... 1168C.html

Great build, don't forget to update onto this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=182168&start=0

Love C16R underated and overlooked and dismissed by many, having owned several and ridden mine now for a few years I love it :D

just bought one of these frames on ebay for £19 including some white 1998ish Manitou forks, bargain me thinks, loving what you've done with yours, plenty of food for thought for me there

Latest posts

Back