Team Marin build thread

Rio

Retrobike Rider
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Finally getting started on my Team Marin.
Because finding a retro Roadbike is harder than I thought it would be, I'm going to build it for road use first.

Going to build it with:

XT F & R mech
SRT 800 shifters
M900 cranks
Rockstar fork
Kojak tires
Flite
black rims (looks better with blackwall slicks imho)

updates coming soon!

5859977295_9b5093c88a_b.jpg

The beginning of building :LOL:
Mounted a BB, Titec Bontrager post, H20 cage, blue ano cage bolts and a NOS seat bolt

6111362837_2e3dbc43b8_b.jpg

This is really nice- where I live we had 3 shops when I was younger a gt a kona and a marin autherised dealer- always drooled over the team marin and a 1997 pine mtn. Can't wait to see the full build :cool:

its_kirby":2vtax9ra said:
This is really nice- where I live we had 3 shops when I was younger a gt a kona and a marin autherised dealer- always drooled over the team marin and a 1997 pine mtn. Can't wait to see the full build :cool:

I don't think you have to wait very long, cause I think I only need some new spokes, and the're on their way! :LOL:

kase1983 made the beautiful titanium L-piece for the H20, forgot to mention that :oops:

here are before and after pics of my M900 crank. polished, left the granny out, and fitted some blue ano chainring bolts (sorry, non retro, but I had those laying around...)
46/36 is not ideal for the purpose of the bike, so I might swap the whole drivetrain for something different, or try to find a used but good 48/50 ring in 110 BCD. Anyone want to swap with my 46 shimano sg/x ring in good condition??

6116387774_8e8e0d0042_z.jpg

6115843371_e236a4d3a1_z.jpg

rio marin

splendid!

i will check for updates. this is a marin i know a thing or two about.

keep the chainring bolts in, a nice blue that you have elsewhere on the bike.
the chain-line is quite close to the frame say, 107-110mm. what length have you installed?

cheers rio.

marc.

Re: rio marin

marc two tone":aqvr2fn8 said:
splendid!

i will check for updates. this is a marin i know a thing or two about.

keep the chainring bolts in, a nice blue that you have elsewhere on the bike.
the chain-line is quite close to the frame say, 107-110mm. what length have you installed?

cheers rio.

marc.

The bike had very few miles on it when I bought it, so I re-installed the original one. Forgot what the length is to be hounest...

I also have blue spoke nipples and blue derr. pulley bolts (NOS).
Í also have some red ano parts, but I am not sure about using them. They might look cool with the US flag colour of the frame badge (blue / red ano :LOL: ).

thanks for the imput!

A little bit of work today:

polished an XT frontmech. the other one still has to be done. The one polished was way worse, so happy with the result :D

6123872976_6991471f3e_b.jpg

6123874362_0109f0c6c6_b.jpg

Back