my marin muirwoods resto in progress

lankshear1976

Retro Guru
started so ill finish.. decided on colour it will be neon yellow as original
frame is stripped just need nitromoors to finish

then i have magura brakes which ive stripped and polished which looks best shall i polish others or satin black them
main.php

Attachments

• stripmarin.png
    stripmarin.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 942
  • before and after.png
    before and after.png
    123.6 KB · Views: 942
Re: what colour shall i re paint

...little trouble finiding flouro yellow paint ...

You should send Charlieboy28 a message. He knows the answer where to find the paint. He has done it before. Same bike, same colour.
There is no need to change the colour when you can have it painted in its original flouro glory..but maybe it's just me that is attracted to that neon stuff. :)

Cheers,

Adam

in the pic it doesnt but it has been sitting in my sisters shed for the past 15 years with all her foster kids chucking there bikes and there mates bikes on top of it

i like the neon as would like to keep the orginal but i also like the chrome idea as it would go with the polished mechs and rims :LOL:

If you're going down the DIY route, and if there isn't a lot of rust on the frame, then I'd say stick with the same or a very similar colour. It looks good the colour it is and that way you can just repair any small rust spots, sand the existing topcoat down and spray over that. Saves a hell of a lot of time and also gives a good hard basecoat to start off with. Future small scratches are then less likely to go to bare metal.

Saves time and money, but if you want a change and are not a tightarse like me then ignore what I've just said ;) ;)

frame stripped there are some spots of rust where someone put wrong wheel in and rubbed the paint off inner stay and others on down tube top tube ect so enough to warrant re spray and im doing the forks and bars at the same time so they all match im gonna bare metal it then re-paint may shave a few grams as the paint is quite thick basically white primer then possible same colour to keep it original or lime green :LOL:

Back