1993 Cannondale M1000

pazaudi

Retro Guru
Well in the short space of time I've owned this I've picked it up, tried to sell it twice as I'm emigrating soon and finally decided to keep it. Maybe I was asking too much or it's a bad time to sell on now but lack of interest has made me decide to keep it. It is one of my all time favourite bikes especially this year in this colour scheme so I'm secretly quite pleased.

Cannondale.jpg

Anyway I've been thinking what to do with it as it's sat in my lounge staring at me begging for some attention. The frame is in pretty good condition for 30yrs old so I think I'll start off with partially stripping it down and giving the frame a good clean and polish to bring out the paintwork. This colour scheme is fabulous in the sunshine.

I'm thinking I might try swapping out the DX and replacing it with XT which I have sat in a box but I don't want to deviate too much from how it is now as it's pretty original.

As above, I wouldn't do too much too it, a clean & polish, and then take it for a ride. I don't think changing from DX to XT will gain you much, and honestly I think DX is just "right" on this frame 👍

Would not change to XT. The all metal look of the DX is beautiful, and in a way rarer than XT which seems to occupy at least half of the bikes here. Give it a good clean, maybe nice pair of bar ends and end plugs. Also, adjust the Force 40+ cam and brakes according to manual, now they are way off (front at least can be seen). Changing the handlebar to more period correct (CODA or Ritchey) also an option. I would maybe remove inch or two from the derailleur cable housings up front. Organize the cable doughnuts, my ocd is hurting 😆 A beautiful bike that is!

Last edited:
Back