Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:34 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: you rock!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:01 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:15 am
Posts: 3347
Location: Up north
great to see a project with bucket loads of personal time and effort and elbow grease 8)

All that effort shows because its a stunner..A credit to you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:13 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:05 pm
Posts: 2264
Location: Virginia, USA
Wow, your attention to detail is second to none! Nice job! My only criticisms are the riser bars and the fork boots - lose them both. :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:12 pm 
B.o.T.M. Winner / Feature Bike
B.o.T.M. Winner / Feature Bike
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:26 pm
Posts: 6191
Location: Tilting at windmills and shouting at the rain.
Superb! That's a real good job. I thought you said you'd never done this before but that resto beats a number of seasoned experts efforts into a corner. Well done, you must be proud!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:58 pm 
Devout Dirtbag
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 10:35 pm
Posts: 133
Location: London
stumpjumper1990 wrote:
Great job! That is really beautifull! Perfect detailing and perfect finish! :shock: 8)

I have 2 little comments: it needs a flat bar and a racing type saddle. Keep your eyes open for a Fisher Bulge bar and a Fisher saddle (or Avocet Racing).

It's a real inspiration to see this kind of work!! :P :P


Thanks for your compliment! :D
I wasn't sure if its worth doing this way as it is not genuine restoration but more like alternation.
But after finishing assembly I really like it and I am so glad that I made so much fuss about it.

Fisher bulge bar seems to be a must item for Fisher bike resto which I didn't know before.
Thanks for your input, I will look for it definitely.
For saddle, I actually have Selle Italia Turbo, too and I am wondering if Turbo will suite over the Avocet touring.
At the moment I am thinking to use the bike as recreation use with my son so Avocet seems to be good but I might change my mind as Turbo saddle or Avocet Racing are so sexy.

kingroon wrote:
That is a real Beauty.. Inspiring me to get my CR7 frame out and do something with it! Like a full resto! 8)


Thanks for your praise. :D
Oh yes, its very interesting to go through this hybrid frame - it can be time consuming but its really thrilling to work on this unusual frame set.
If you need, I can give you my water slide image data to order one from Simon, or other decal supplier.

slimjoe wrote:
great to see a project with bucket loads of personal time and effort and elbow grease 8)

All that effort shows because its a stunner..A credit to you!


Thaanksss... it is really rewarding to hear this. :D
It was no straight forward resto for me as a beginner.
Because the bike came from my friend, I really wanted to finish it very nice and special.
Also I am lucky to know this site as so many people helped me to go right avenue as well as helping me to source the parts otherwise it is difficult to come by!

mfh126 wrote:
Wow, your attention to detail is second to none! Nice job! My only criticisms are the riser bars and the fork boots - lose them both. :oops:


Many thanks for your positive comment. :D
Probably I was a bit too fussy even checking all the bolt tightening torque with torque wrench but I am glad that I didn't cut the corner.
Thanks about your input re bulge bar and fork boots - is it common to have forks without boots? Sorry I am still noob :oops:

pete_mcc wrote:
Superb! That's a real good job. I thought you said you'd never done this before but that resto beats a number of seasoned experts efforts into a corner. Well done, you must be proud!


Oh, good evening Sir, thank you very much for your nice comment.
:D 8)
Yes, it is my second mountain bike restoration.
I have worked on cars, both mechanical and body work as my hobby for some years so I kind of know how to go about it but I have little knowledge on these special bikes.
Help from you and people here have been real life saver as well as energizer to go through the process.
Big thanks to you :xmas-big-grin:


Last edited by epic1400cs on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:12 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:05 pm
Posts: 2264
Location: Virginia, USA
epic1400cs wrote:
mfh126 wrote:
Wow, your attention to detail is second to none! Nice job! My only criticisms are the riser bars and the fork boots - lose them both. :oops:


Many thanks for your positive comment. :D
Probably I was a bit too fussy even checking all the bolt tightening torque with torque wrench but I am glad that I didn't cut the corner.
Thanks about your input re bulge bar and fork boots - is it common to have forks without boots? Sorry I am still noob :oops:


Actually most retro forks had boots, but Manitou 1's did not. :wink:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:22 pm 
B.o.T.M. Winner / Feature Bike
B.o.T.M. Winner / Feature Bike
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:07 pm
Posts: 582
Location: Berlin, Germany
Brilliant! Top job!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:23 pm 
Devout Dirtbag
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 10:35 pm
Posts: 133
Location: London
mfh126 wrote:
Actually most retro forks had boots, but Manitou 1's did not. :wink:

I see, it looks very cool without it 8)
When I service the forks next time, I will remove them.
Thanks for the image!

felixdelrio wrote:
Brilliant! Top job!

Oh, thank you very much. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:58 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 68
Awsome job with that! very inspiring.
Interesting bike too, enjoy it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:21 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 1:02 pm
Posts: 564
Location: North East Lincolnshire
That is a great job! Looks very cool 8)

Your attention to detail is very commendable :D

It is very obvious from the finish that allot of time, effort and elbow grease has gone into it and it looks stunning :D :) :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:37 am 
Devout Dirtbag
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 10:35 pm
Posts: 133
Location: London
Concept_3 wrote:
Awsome job with that! very inspiring.
Interesting bike too, enjoy it.


Oh my god thank you very much for your comment. :)
I haven't managed to take it to substantial ride yet so I look forward to try it out in real nature trail soon!

Minty Sauce wrote:
That is a great job! Looks very cool 8)

Your attention to detail is very commendable :D

It is very obvious from the finish that allot of time, effort and elbow grease has gone into it and it looks stunning :D :) :D


Thanks!
Normally I can't continue one thing more than two months, easily getting bored, so it is amazing that I didn't abandoned the project ! :lol:
People here have been great help and support for the project to keep it running 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cheshire1980, NeilM, phoog and 37 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group