Vintage Fisher CR-7

It's the third year CR-7, from 1990

Nice bikes. You obviously know these are quite unique in that it's an aluminium front triangle with a steel bolted on rear end. Only a few manufacturers were doing that. I've got an 89 myself which apart from the Manitou forks and newer tyres is fairly original. I am faorly sure I read somewhere out of all his bikes these were Gary Fisher's favourite. There are a few examples on this site so whilst not super rare they don't come up all that often.

20210717_113414.jpg

mine

CR7 was the ride of choice by MBUK Wrecking Crew member ‘Zak Tempest’ aka ? (mini retrobike pub quiz question right there)…

I was on top of the hill at Falmer with Ant, around '91. At the very bottom of the hill, a tiny dot was moving fast and we wondered at how he was going to keep up the pace. But he did. And it was Russell Burton from Action Bikes, tanking upwards at an incredible pace. On his red CR7. The one with the big dent in the downtube. Anyone on here got that one?

They had more clearance on the back end than the Golden Gate Bridge. When everyone else was clogged with South Downs mud, the CR7s were still moving.

Back