Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:15 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:34 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Damn, also thought the construction in the background was nee hotel that was going up across the road from the tivoli Congress centre (where I usually stay when I'm there), I don't think I've been to the other area although my company has offices all over the city.

Post subject: Re: Wheeler 9800
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:21 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Which goes to show that many of the buildings that have shot up around the harbour during the past 15-20 years look pretty much the same.
I liked it better as a post-industrial wasteland. Plants had been growing wild for many years in some parts of the area, so there were a lot of "secret places", as we called them, to go grilling, swimming, or just getting away from the city proper when I was a teenager - like when they were building the new Havneholmen, we used to sneak across the construction site out the the tip where a few trees and shrubs had been left standing, and have it all to ourselves. Until they put up fences and camera surveillance, that is. Ah nostalgia ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:18 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I scored a Profile titanium stem yesterday. Much better than the too modern 3T from the parts bin :cool:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:51 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Catching some evening sun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:00 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Nice! Did you put some sunscreen on those skinwalls :lol: ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:32 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Summer is back :cool:. The entire month of July was cold and grey. But during the past week the sun has returned, and Saturday night the weather was perfect for taking a cruise, and meeting up with some friends for a few beers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:51 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Level up: Saddle +1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:54 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Love the look of this bike. Great to look at at and i am sure it is a hoot to ride.

What is the verdict on the Billy Bonkers? I cant say i am a fan of the sidewall text but am interested to know what they are like.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:56 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Frankenorange wrote:
Love the look of this bike. Great to look at at and i am sure it is a hoot to ride.

What is the verdict on the Billy Bonkers? I cant say i am a fan of the sidewall text but am interested to know what they are like.

Thanks :D . I still have some tweaks and upgrades to do. But so far I'm quite pleased with the way this build has turned out.
I mainly built it as a commuter, hence the 1x8 setup. But I often find myself taking detours into rougher terrain on it, when I have the time and opportunity. So I am considering adding a smaller chainring to get a lower range of gears for those occasions.

As for the tyres, my only gripe is the sidewall text. Other than I like them - they roll very well on asphalt, even when running a low pressure, and the thread still keeps a nice grip on dirt or gravel.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:25 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

K_50 wrote:
Frankenorange wrote:

Thanks :D . I still have some tweaks and upgrades to do. But so far I'm quite pleased with the way this build has turned out.
I mainly built it as a commuter, hence the 1x8 setup. But I often find myself taking detours into rougher terrain on it, when I have the time and opportunity. So I am considering adding a smaller chainring to get a lower range of gears for those occasions.

As for the tyres, my only gripe is the sidewall text. Other than I like them - they roll very well on asphalt, even when running a low pressure, and the thread still keeps a nice grip on dirt or gravel.

I would definitely have to remove the sidewall text. I am sure i have seen it done by someone on the net. Light sand paper? nail polish remover? answers on a postcard.

Tyres sound ok for light mixed duties. How about wet asphalt?