1993 Orange Clockwork

Mk1 Geoff

Dirt Disciple
Hello all,

I've just taken a gamble and bought a bike off ebay. Don't really need another bike but thought it looked cool and for £71 was hopefully worth a punt?
Am I right in thinking it's a 1994 Orange Clockwork or am I wrong?

Any info on the bike would be great. If the bike is not an Orange and infact a Lemon :xmas-cool: then I'll just use it as a hack.

post images

post image

Re: 1994 Orange Clockwork?

Hi there, it's defiantly an Orange Clockwork, looks more like a 1993 to me, but check the number embossed on the underside of the bottom bracket, and post the number on here, and we can clarify... It a bargain at £71 quid also. Looks like you have the Orange Aluminium forks on it also.. :) Anyway good purchase!

Thanks for the replies. I feel a lot better now knowing that the bike is hopefully legit.

Will post the frame number and more photos once I have the bike.

Re:

Good to see another Clockwork and what a bargain too! Needs a little rebuild though may be. Looks like a '93 Clockwork with '93 decals with the Tange decal in applied in the right location. Being later than '92, there should be no chain stay bridge. Frame number and may be more pics of frame details will help confirm. Different forks (as suggested) are fitted – the originals would have been more slender forks as in the catalogue. What colour/finish is the frame and what colour is the Tange decal?

Attachments

• clockwork 93.png
    clockwork 93.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 1,004

A little update. I've picked up the bike and it's had a service. New chain, rear cassette, brake pads and handle bar grips. Thankfully nothing was seized and it rides, changes gears and stops lovely.

Frame number is A212**** Looking at previous posts am I right in thinking it is a December 1992 frame? If anyone could let me know how much of the bike is period correct that would be great. The rims will get changed as they are Araya. What would a good period wheel be? The handle bars are an unknown which I think are titanium. Can anyone recognise what the fork is?

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1852.jpg

Re:

Looking good with the XT kit on. Not sure on the numbering principles but this is a Clockwork from 1993 with triple cable stops on the top tube and top pull front mech cable routing and no chain stay bridge aft of the BB. The paint scheme and decals are from 1993 too. As Cheshire suggested, the forks are possibly Orange Aluminium ones. They look a bit out of place on your frame but then I've got nickel finish F7 forks on my early period pre-'93 Clockwork frame (number A309 A0163). I would recommend a set of FIR rims from the early to mid to mid 90's – I use to have FIR M122s. I think the Orange Race Team ran FIRs too. They're probably like gold dust now.

I have a set of Orange fir rims am gonna sell after the new year if your interested.. looking good..

Back