Magura Rim Brake Help Needed

BC

Retro Guru
I'm new to these brakes and can't for the life of me figure out what this neat little washer is for?

15594651771_ef5203d040_o.jpg

If anyone can post links to other rb threads or youtube with instal help, I'd appreciate it. The arm of the brake that goes against the seat stay, on the inside, seems to be too close to the tire and bit lopsided...they are going on my Rocky but I'm close to abandoning the plan and going back to canti's lol

15364849035_f25ec3d17c_o.jpg

15212280119_98c56f0314_o.jpg

Cheers

Right then the funky washer is to space the magura mount away frm the frame giving space for the silver elbows to fit. The sllver elbows should be ale to move some are just a plain taper some have a spline type fit but looking at your looks to be plain taper. Get a 13mm - 1/2" spanner on the square lump at the end of the elbow and give it a wiggle should come loose. You can then set them to sit against your fork legs/seatstays. See clear as mud.

How many washers do you need? If you don't have a clearance problem requiring the flat, than any old washer from B&Q will do. Otherwise I have a couple spare in my bits box.

Re:

Hijacking this but just put my first magura brake on and before bleeding want to check it.

Dry fitted the front without the washers. Does that look right? First pick is without brake bolt so mow upright not at an angle.

Will put the quick release on later if so. Just concerned the brake bosses are so far recessed if that makes sense.. About 10 mm back as in photo?

Re: Re:

coomber said:
Hijacking this but just put my first magura brake on and before bleeding want to check it.

Dry fitted the front without the washers. Does that look right? First pick is without brake bolt so mow upright not at an angle.

Will put the quick release on later if so. Just concerned the brake bosses are so far recessed if that makes sense.. About 10 mm back as in photo?

That doesn't look right to me.

Back