Wanted GT LTS / STS Frame or Bike

Xelr8

Retro Newbie
Hi All

I'm thinking of doing a retro build so I'm on the lookout for a GT LTS or STS Frameset.
I'm after an 18" or 19" version measured Centre of BB to Centre of Top Tube (like GT used to measure them).
It must be the Later Model with the 2 Holes for a Rear Disc Mount and be the 2000 Model (Not Year lol ;) ) or above for a LTS.
STS must be the 98 model onwards.
Either model would ideally have a 31.6mm Seat Tube :!:
And I'd like it as Good Condition as possible really. :LOL:

I've built & sold loads back in the day. Never thought I'd be going down this road again but it's just something I fancy doing.
I had a New LTS 1000 DS in the Acid Orange that I got on with extremely well but sold it to a customer who wrecked it, I was gutted at the time.

Anyway if there's anything around then please get in touch. :cool:

Cheers
Leon

Re: Wanted GT LTS or STS Frame

Would also consider a Full Bike if the Spec was right for me.

Cheers

Re:

I've a couple of STS builds I might be interested in selling. One is kind of earmarked for someone but I need to confirm if they still want it. I can supply just frame, or various build options. One is an sts-2 with the internal cables and external seat post (27.0), currently built up with full m970 xtr, spinergy xyclone wheels, Thompson finishing kit, fox fit rlc forks with V brake lowers, full betd bearing upgrade, and a custom trunnion for a fox air shock from a cannondale Jekyll (though I have a recently fully serviced super deluxe shock too).

The other is a 1000 DS,31.9 internal seat post, external cable routing and the thermoplastic head tube. Rear end has disc mount holes and I do have the disc mount as well. Currently built up with full xt m770 9 speed groupset, spin wheels, use blcarbon bars, use stem, Joplin dropper and an OE trunnion for fox air shock which is also fitted. Forks are Reba WC. I've also got another super deluxe that has just been serviced for this as well.

The latter is the one earmarked. I had plans for this and the parts to do it (x0 10 speed, ritchey wsc or spinergy disc wheels, hope v2/4 or formula the one disc brakes etc).

If you search in readers bikes using my username and STS, you should find build threads and pics.

If either float your boat, let me know. Spin wheels aren't currently up for grabs, may transfer them to my RTS team along with some m970, but I have a spare m970 groupset, a full xt 10 speed one, or a more retro m952 to name some other options I may also sell.

Re: Wanted GT LTS or STS Frame

Hi ishaw

Thanks for your reply.
If I'd be interested in any of your bikes it would have to be the later one, that's possibly taken, as I do intend to ride it quite a bit and I'm that used to Discs now that there's no going back for me.
I'd really only be interested in the Frame, Rear Disc Mount & possibly both your rear shock options of Air & Coil. If both aren't available then I'd go for the Coil.
What Travel are the Reba's out of interest?
I really would like to get some Fox Coil Forks with up to 125mm Travel if I could drop onto a set.

You see I have my own 'Build' that I want to do really & none of the other components would be of use to me.
Can you pm me a Price for those items if they're available?

Cheers

Re:

I'll chase up the guy who has been wanting to buy it and see if he's still interested. Both shocks would be available. Rebas are 80 or 100mm travel, can't quite remember tbh. If you wanted, I have 2 sets of Reba U-turn forks (one yellow, one currently silver but I've some new lower legs in black or white too) that would give you adjustable travel from 85 to 115 iirc. Once I've got a difinitive answer from the other guy, I'll have a think about prices. I've also got a spare set of nos bushes for it, and the original seat post and clamp, as well as a few spare decals.the ones on there have started to peel a bit. I've not got a full set, just some leftovers from when I built it up.

Re:

One I built up back in the day for a customer / friend that I used to ride with. :cool:
Think he still has it too but it's a 20" :!:

Re:

Was your friend a sponsored rider, perhaps by rnib ;) that's a lot of colour going on there.

Re:

Not as far as I know :?
Not exactly my choice but you've got to build them how the customer wants :LOL:

Back