Lightweight suspension forks, wheels, many other parts too!

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm looking to shed a bit of weight (as cheaply as possible!) off an entry-mid level bike that will mostly be used on road/light paths. Modern or retro is fine - I'm not fussy for this build, the budget is more important. The main priorities are:

• A set of lightweight suspension forks. Must work fine, though long travel isn't required. Something like a Manitou Mars would probably be ideal. Possibly also Indys or lighter Judys, etc? (I think Pace/Fox are going to be too expensive. 1 & 1/8" unthreaded, V-brake compatible, steerer at least 180mm-ish.

A set of lightweight semi-slick tyres. I've had a set of Continental Double Fighters and they would be great, but will consider anything else. Provisionally sorted!
I'll be looking to upgrade wherever else I can find something suitable without breaking the bank. Some lightweight wheels (ideally V-brake, but I could probably do discs too), Aluminium 25.4 flat bars, possibly upgrades to the Acera/Alivio drivetrain if I can find a cheap XT rear mech or chainset etc. I'm happy to listen too any offers as long as it's light, in decent working order, and keenly priced! :)

Back