wanted wheel building stand/tools

adlyhobart

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
as above after a stand and dishing tool to buy or possibly rent? cheers. ad

sorted now as brought some cheap ones. if you did have a top quality tool though i am a sucker for quality.

there is a pdf book with a guide to build a mdf wheel jig

wheel builder pro

im planing building one soon over the winter

yes i have seen the video of a chap who makes his own and tells you how and looks very simple. the trouble is i would need all the wood working tools and somewhere to use them ha! cheers anyway

I do have a wheelbuilding stand, dishing tool and nipple driver too along with a selection of spoke keys

If you are anywhere near Cambridgeshire you are welcome to borrow them

Cheers
Rich

hi rich, that is really generous of you mate but unfortunately i brought some earlier as it seemed like a good price at just over £50 for stand and dishing tool inc post. its something i have always wanted to do having given fivers and tenners to bike shops for a not always very good truing job so figure they will pay for themselves pretty soon. thanks anyway mate that really is very generous of you. ad

Glad you are sorted Ad, enjoy the truing and make sure you work out which way to tighten/loosen the nipples

Not always the way you would expect

aye looking forward to it and will drink plenty of coffee to get the grey matter in gear. i may well be selling it all with some deformed rims and having a nervous breakdown in a week or two though ha!

Back