1991 Bridgestone RB-1

Mercerb

Retro Newbie
Hello, help me find my dream bike, when I was in college I lusted after the 1991 Bridgestone RB-1 in the green colorway. I'd like to get one now if possible. Size 59. I would also consider the same year RB-2 in blue. Thank you!

Good luck i have been looking for ages , had to settle on a an Rb2 in Red & white .

Great bikes

Yup, I ended up with 2 RB2s, they are in some cases the same frame as the RB1 though, not sure for 91, I think it might be?

Re:

Enjoying mine , hopefully it will be doing a 40 plus ride tomorrow

Attachments

• WP_20170404_002.jpg
    WP_20170404_002.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 771
Rod_Saetan":24mefo4i said:
Yup, I ended up with 2 RB2s, they are in some cases the same frame as the RB1 though, not sure for 91, I think it might be?

They are the same geometry but my understanding is the RB-2 used seamed tubes.

Re:

The 89 catalogue seems to imply there is no difference, and as the tubes are triple butted I would question whether you'd bother to do that to a seamed tube, especially when you are already making the same frame with same lugs for another model. My '89 is RB2 is not seamed tubes, I haven't actually checked my '91. I don't have a definitive answer.

Re: Re:

Rod_Saetan":3jdur1ip said:
The 89 catalogue seems to imply there is no difference, and as the tubes are triple butted I would question whether you'd bother to do that to a seamed tube, especially when you are already making the same frame with same lugs for another model. My '89 is RB2 is not seamed tubes, I haven't actually checked my '91. I don't have a definitive answer.

It seems in 89 they do have the same frame, by 91 they'd changed the RB-2.

Latest posts

Back