Peugeot Control 800, XT/XTR mechs, USE post.

XCDave

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Ahem..yes...maybe.. :oops:

I know a little about these frames as I've been on the hunt for one for a while.. I always wanted a 'nice' Peugeot; and had a T6000A/F on the list - so thanks for picking this one up on here!

I'm currently awaiting delivery & then see how nadgered it is.. I'm not totally sure how well it's going to be packed to be honest, as the seller was a little..vague, but a stuck Alu post in a carbon clamp shouldn't be too much hassle to remove; then I get to investigate the rusted chain, partial rear mech & what may be an LX crankset.

Re: Re:

Osella":1gzwcfwb said:
Ahem..yes...maybe.. :oops:

I know a little about these frames as I've been on the hunt for one for a while.. I always wanted a 'nice' Peugeot; and had a T6000A/F on the list - so thanks for picking this one up on here!

I'm currently awaiting delivery & then see how nadgered it is.. I'm not totally sure how well it's going to be packed to be honest, as they seller was a little..vague, but a stuck Alu post in a carbon clamp shouldn't be too much hassle to remove; then I get to investigate the rusted chain, partial rear mech & what may be an LX crankset.

Excellent news! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Think I might be moving my Magnum 800 on if you'd like another Peugeot... ;)

Re:

Thanks! And again thanks for pointing this one out.. They should be everywhere but like a lot of things, it seemed Yeti, Kona, Specialized etc were all the cool brands so Peugeot never really got any cachet from the race wins - bit like Raleigh to an extent.

I'm a bit 'steeled out' at the moment as regards the Magnum I think! ;)
Direction on the Peugeot is going to be condition and frame-dependent. This is VERY much 'n+2' territory, so it's going to mean sacrificing another bike to build it. I have a '97 Aluminium Ghost (really!) which is a little cracked, so that might make way, or I might take the carbon & light stuffs off my Giant MCM. The trouble is that this and the Giant are very much equivalent frames; and the Giant is superb off-road, so I don't want to lose that.

If this is a bit shonky-looking & not in a good way, it will be a good replacement for the cracked Ghost. The Peugeot pics are terrible, but it's a really deep metallic blue originally, looking forward to giving it the once-over; but I'm going to have to finish my Giant ATX build & get the Carrera working first in between riding & work.. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Back