Interesting Raleigh . Reasonably priced?

onegoodbike

Merlin Fan
Feedback
View
Been watching this for a day or two, and can't help thinking it's a nice frameset?. Seems to be an 80's Lightweight Unit build, the seller tells me that the serial no. starts WA.......80. The lugs, shot-in rear stays and braze on's look nice. However the seller has also told me it's got a seat tube measurement of 23.5" rather than the 21" stated in the advert (not really surprising when you look at the photos), and that's just a bit too big for me :( . Anyone else looking for one?, or prepared to take a stab at a model name, tubing type?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161177411052? ... 1423.l2649

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Looks like a Raleigh Competition 12 / Raleigh GS of the 80's ............... there's one for sale on here. Neat frames with the shot in stays (some didn't) and fully sloping fork crown. Even has the little nipple for holding the chain out of the way. Deffo looks like a 23 1/2.

That's not the original paint IIRC

Road Ace was 531c and the competition was 531 if my (aged) memory serves.

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I too thought maybe an 80's competition 12 or similar, but then I couldn't find an image of one with the rear brake cable guides on the underside of the top tube or the curvy head tube lugs that this frame is sporting. I wondered whether it was supplied as a frameset rather than as a complete bike.

Matt

Morning,

Isn't the one shown on the hilary stone link a 'team replica'?, which is a nicer model than the 'competition 12' if my memory serves.

Matt

Matt70":3ixrqnf3 said:
Morning,

Isn't the one shown on the hilary stone link a 'team replica'?, which is a nicer model than the 'competition 12' if my memory serves.

Matt

From the google searching I've done it seems quite confusing to be honest.

I've seen these two catalogue pictures, mine has Campagnolo drop outs like the Team Professional, doesn't say whether the Team Replica 12 does or not. Mine has Chromed drive side stays as well. Seems to be no real hard and fast rule about these.

My Father is adamant that he bought his new as a Gran Course but it has Campagnolo dropouts and team replica paint but cable guides along the top.

Who really knows!?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 447
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 447
Was the Team Course or Team Rep with the shot in rear stays ever available in the Ti Red/Black/Yellow colours, I'm sure theres one in my LBS...:0

Back