This Weekend 29th/30th Ride? Details now up!

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Eyup! Anyone fancy a ride out this weekend?

I'm staying near Wakefield this weekend, have a retro bike with me, need somewhere to ride :D

Re:

Hi jim.

If you can make leeds, temple newsam on saturday. I'm there to try out a route i have in mind.
The mileage is flexible. just a mooch round.
It won't be an early start as i've bits n bobs at home to do in the mornin'.
Say 11-12 noon. :?:

Re:

temple newsam on saturday. I'm there to try out a route i have in mind.
The mileage is flexible. just a mooch round.

^^

:LOL:

Me n jim had a 'mooch' round tempsy to find that a critical part of the ride is under some sort alteration, by that i mean it looks like challenger tanks have been field tested there or something to that effect, non ride-able.
It would take a gigantic effort to put the trails right but, we can get around it easily enough, it just rattled my cage to see that theoretical plans are scuppered by a 50m section churned up to a quagmire. be reet.
Three days of light rain and no sun to balance it all out have softened things up a little. That's what i told jim :)

A reliable local told me there is some dredging going on, dredging what?

It's not all bad news, we had a good time and got some exercise. And bikes and riders were comfortably clean at some point, look.....

All will be well for the main ride in may.

cheers.

Re:

" There may be some soft spots" he said...

" but it should all be rideable " he said....

...Cue me riding into axle deep gloop and coming to a very sudden stop :LOL:

But that was the only tiny blip in what was an otherwise grand day out, the sun even made an appearance later on :D

Pics....

Marc demands his "Breakfast burger pie"... ;)

My bike will never be the same again...

Marcs bike self destructed in despair at the mud....

Thanks Marc for a good days riding, Mays ride should be good :)

Vern , I only noticed your reply after I got back from the ride today, but I will definately be out on another Yorks & NE ride over the summer.

Re:

The Alpine Stars looks well Marc, spent all Saturday working on the bus, she is now looking good and ready for the summer, just the curtains to fit.

Right it's Sunday, its warm, I am off for a bike ride

See you all next weekend on the cake run

Attachments

• Mavis, heath coman.jpg
    Mavis, heath coman.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 653
Back