Some February riding, anyone?

Kieran-b

Kona Fan
Just wondering if anybody would like to witness me attempting to do some proper mountain biking after around 10years off. Have been riding the local cycle paths over the summer, but nothing technical or hilly.
Will get my Orange R8 finished by the end of the month and have a completely free February without wife, child or work!
I'm in Lymm (near Warrington) so will be heading to North Wales, the Peak district and probably venture down to Cannock.
I'll be unfit, under-equipped and a bit rusty in the skills department, but if anyone would like to join me for a ride or observe from a safe distance, let me know.

Great! Would be nice to have some company. Where are you based? I was thinking of starting with Llandegla, maybe a couple of times, before heading out into the hills.
I'm in Northwich so not far from you.

I was at Llandegla yesterday so more than happy with that. It'll be a good place for you to start again.

I do at least one evening a week in Delamere as well if you fancied a night ride!

I thought a trail centre would be a sensible place to start although I always preferred the open countryside.
Forgot about Delamere - I'll be giving it a go, but not sure about in the evening as I would need some lights and prefer to be out early.
Got a busy couple of weeks ahead, so won't be touching the bike until the 25th (Jan) after dropping the wife and child off at the airport. Should get it finished in the day and will do a couple of easy rides from home to check everything is in order. So I could potentially be ready for action on the 28th. Then I'm planning to do as much riding as my legs will allow.

I am Altrincham way, pretty decrepit these days and have nothing to prove, all of the destinations mentioned are local to me so suggest some dates to reserve.
P

I’m in the peaks if you make it this way and know plenty of good rides. Ride a modern bike though….
That would be great. I'd be going in there blind as I've never done any riding in the Peaks (originally from Yorkshire - done loads in the dales) so it would be most helpful. Just hope I won't be too much of a hold-up.

Seems like we could get a small group together here which is brilliant as I wasn't sure whether there would be any takers.

I'm going to propose a trip to Llandegla on the morning of the 28th Jan for a first ride.

After that, my calendar is much blank. My only other plans are DIY, tidying up the garden and visiting relatives. I think I'll end up doing one ride at the weekends and a couple during the week. If I was going alone, I'd probably just choose the days it wasn't raining!
I appreciate others will likely have work commitments, so if you could let me know days that are good, I can try and organise a few dates when everyone can make it and go from there fitting some other rides in between where not everyone can make it or I'm going alone.

Back