Specialized Shark Fin adapter

archmike

Dirt Disciple
Hi all,

I'm looking for a disc brake adapter for a Specialized Stumpjumper called a 'Shark Fin'. I'm not sure how many different types were produced but from what information i've pulled together i'm after this one (see below). Hope someone can help.

:roll:

Attachments

• Shark fin.jpg
    Shark fin.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 4,066
never seen that one before but there are other brands in a similar style available - a2z used to do one and woodman still do but it is expensive new, there was on on here for sale a month or 2 back.

hope this helps.

Apparently they were produced from 97ish to 99ish for M2’s and early FSR frames. I’ve seen the A2Z adapters but after some Google hunting they seem to get a bit of a bad name? And I’ve heard they don’t work on specialized?

I was hoping some of our friends across the pond might have one hidden away somewhere
:LOL:

I have just been told that I don’t stand a chance of getting one through Specialized because they stopped making them about 6 years ago. I’ve also tried ever dealer / LBS in a 50 mile radius and still no luck, maybe I’ll have to go with V’s or polish off my CDT skills on the milling machine.

Still hoping someone has one in a dusty corner of his or her bike shed
;)

You my friend are a ................LEGEND :D :) :( :eek: :shock: :? :cool: :LOL: :x :p :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: ;) :!: :?: :idea: ➡️

God love Retrobike

Back