Hope 4 pin tool

hmm I have one park 2 pin tool (a bit like large tweezers) but so far it aint shifting. I was hoping to get a hold of one of these then lock it into a vice to apply a bit more torque to it.

At the mo the park tools just damaging the edges of the holes as it slipes under load.

If it comes to it I can make one, but that relies on waiting for the workshop to be fully setup before I can get cracking.

JeRkY":22sgrp03 said:
hmm I have one park 2 pin tool (a bit like large tweezers) but so far it aint shifting. I was hoping to get a hold of one of these then lock it into a vice to apply a bit more torque to it.

At the mo the park tools just damaging the edges of the holes as it slipes under load.

If it comes to it I can make one, but that relies on waiting for the workshop to be fully setup before I can get cracking.

One tool will slip - two will work fine. I just tried it because it was what I had lying around. One tool on its own just bends under the required torque - using two will half the load, so they're a lot less likely to bend! I've even removed and installed Hope BBs like this where one tool hasn't come close!

I'll give it a go at the weekend if I cant get anything else sorted before hand.

The hub I have seems to have used a screwdriver and hammer to remove the lock ring... might work but it don't look pretty afterwards.

Back