giant cfr2

speedyjonzalas

Retro Newbie
well folks a few of my friends in glasgow have been kind enough to give me some bits and pieces for very little money so im starting my build over the next week or so. im tying to spend as little money as possible so i dont have to worry about it getting stolen but i still want the main areas eg drivetrain to be reasonable so it can be fast!

anyway my starting points are

giant cfr2 frame thats obviosly been used quite a bit, been repaired at one of the seatstays which is a bit worrying considering the age and carbon but im willing to be optimistic

wheels i have received are some shimano ones though i aint got any idea what they are. the front hub says wh-r500 and the rim says just shimano and the rear is the same. these came with some kenda tyres.

forks are some white ones that say basso on them - i aint got any idea if thats the manufacturer or not as i ride downhill bikes mostly and i aint ever head of them.

im going to be putting in a normal aheadset instead of a a threadset cause i hate the old way. for the drive train im going to put on a wee singlespeed dmr kit on it that i have lying around cause ive never been too good with gears.

just off to buy the headset, stem, bb, and seatpost to get things moving. i'l try get some pics up soon. if you have any ideas about how i should finish it off then that would be great.

cheers
john

its got long enough steerer for me to run it on the normal aheadset, the n some of the stem will be holding onto the the old threads but it will mostly be flat steerer. hopefully should work!

Back