Raleigh Record Sprint - Leicestershire

Craney72

Dirt Disciple
After a few months of tinkering, the refurbishments to my Raleigh Record Sprint are close to completion ready for warmer spring days to come
After receiving advise from the RRS Guru earlier today I am starting my own thread so that you can see how the bike looked last year and how the bike will look this year. Although the bike itself was in very good condition I wanted to get it back closer to how they were back in the day.
Silly things like the fact the the 6 speed gearing cog had been changed for a 7 speed bugged me so I have sourced as many parts as I can and these are now all being assembled.
There is another picture to follow that also explains the impact the bike has had

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 526
The bike pictured in my first post has drawn many positive comments since I have been using it weekly
I would often go for country rides with my 13 year old lad who often commented that he loved my bike.
Then one fine day a great example popped up on eBay, I couldn't press the buy it now button quick enough
The one I bought for my lad is an absolute beauty, everything (apart from the tyres) looks original.
Judge for yourself, the RRS family is growing, so much so that I have been asked many times to keep an eye out for friends

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 524
Following on from my earlier posts, I do have a few things left over from a large RRS used as a donor bike including the large 26" (I think) frame.
If you need anything then do leave me a message, cannot say that I will have the part you need but you never know
Cheers
Mark

Back